IGNORED

Noddles 240K Coupe

Noddle

Hi,

Fixed my noises in the back-end,

When I had the brakes apart to unseize the brake adjusters, I washed it all out with water, since I it was wet when it went back together, the drum rusted, this rubbing on the brake linings made a not very nice noise, sanded the drums smooth, gave it another wash, put it together,

running very well now, except front pads are to hard (have to push the peddle to make her stop), got a dead spot in the carbie, just off idle, and the steering is heavy, need to grease it I recon.

but I'm enjoying driving it.

I still have to pull the turbo engine out of my other car, get the external waste gate fitted (the internal on is to small and I have over boost issues),

clean up the wiring, and put it in the coupe.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

i managed to twist up the fuel lines ok, the bender worked ok.. it did the job, but only just.

I found that the metal strip that attaches the 2 levers together was too thin and bent very easily (reducing the leverage).. if it was a bit thicker it would have been fine.

I bent up the lines to be similar to the factory return, but it will need some final adjustments by hand when the lines go back on the car (just to get the contours right)

again, the pipe cutter was ok, it eventually cut the pipe, but it took a good five minutes of rolling it around the pipe, and tightening the adjuster (really needs a bigger adjuster to get more leverage)

Fixed my noises in the back-end,

When I had the brakes apart to unseize the brake adjusters, I washed it all out with water, since I it was wet when it went back together, the drum rusted, this rubbing on the brake linings made a not very nice noise, sanded the drums smooth, gave it another wash, put it together,

Nigel

In the end this was not the problem,

I brought 2 x rear wheel bearing kits from Repco, $90 for both,

I did the left one first, thinking this was were the noise was coming from, got it all torn down, and the old bearings were not to bad,

thinking that the right hand side would be easy now, since I knew what needed to be done, it actually took almost twice as long,

I had a huge amount of trouble getting the axle out,

once I got it apart, I knew what the problem was straight away,

it looked like some one else had done the bearing, but forgot to put the collar back in, between outer bearing and the end of the axle (wheel side). This move every thing in-bound about 5-7 mm, thus the drum was rubbing on the backing plate, the axle was rubbing on the bearing housing which burred it over, which held the bearing in, thus causing all my issues in getting it apart,

I made a mess on the end of the axle, not having a brass drift, but I had a spare which I used, it had the collar on it as well.

moral of the story, if you don't do it yourself, who know what sort of job was done..

Nigel

That is a cool looking little car. First time I've seen one. Reminds me of something. A 60's Dodge Charger maybe?

They are a nice car, But if Z's were sold more in Aus, and I found a 240Z, I would have brought it, as I do like the looks of them, and all the aftermarket stuff you can get for them out of the states,

but since they are so rare, even more than my 240K (where I live), I wont ever own one, I only seen 1 280Z where I live, and I dont like the looks of them with the crappy glass in the roof, crappy hugh arse bumpers,

Nigel