IGNORED

Even Webers prefer Hitachi SUs

Had a new customer bring his Fairlady Z to the shop this morningto have a new set of 38mm carbs installed. The car is stellar having been owned since 73. The gentleman's name is Weber which has me asking the obvious question, do Webers really prefer SUs?

Anyway, hopefully you'll be able to see this car at Canby.

That pretty damn funny Bruce. New take on an old theory?

Can't wait to see you guys at Canby. Should be fun, for more than one reason or 2. Wink wink.

Is someone gonna be at the shop on Saturday evening (The 12th?)

Dave

Speaking of Webers and SU's. I decided to clean up my 40DCOE's to instal them on my Green 72' just for shites and giggles. While cleaning, I remembered that the last Weber, closest to the firewall, had caught on fire before I removed them from the red Z. So I did some cleaning and in the process, found this lovely peice of art......

So I ordered 2 more Auxilary Venturi's from Carbs Unlimited in Auburn, WA for 31.98 each. I'll pick them up on wednesday.

post-4921-14150810836603_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150810837042_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150810837471_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150810837897_thumb.jpg

You ought to get creative and frame these gems. An old buddy of mine took bits and pieces of his MGA's exploded engine and brazed them together to create "Ode to an MG." I don't think he made reference to "Lucas, Prince of Darkness," but maybe he should have.

Frank

Speaking of Webers and SU's. I decided to clean up my 40DCOE's to instal them on my Green 72' just for shites and giggles. While cleaning, I remembered that the last Weber, closest to the firewall, had caught on fire before I removed them from the red Z. So I did some cleaning and in the process, found this lovely peice of art......

So I ordered 2 more Auxilary Venturi's from Carbs Unlimited in Auburn, WA for 31.98 each. I'll pick them up on wednesday.

With my carbs leaking and the timing off from the new distributor...I wish I hadn't read that :ermm:

I had mucho backfiring that loaded the K&N's with fuel, so one more back fire and she lit up like a dead Xmas tree near the fireplace. Beat the crap out of it with a towel, that didn't work. So I attempted to Start the car and that sucked the flames out of the carb and filter. NOT FUN DAMNIT!!

And on a side note, Never saw my wife run that fast before!! She ran to a nearby office to look for a fire extinguisher.

I had mucho backfiring that loaded the K&N's with fuel, so one more back fire and she lit up like a dead Xmas tree near the fireplace. Beat the crap out of it with a towel, that didn't work. So I attempted to Start the car and that sucked the flames out of the carb and filter. NOT FUN DAMNIT!!

And on a side note, Never saw my wife run that fast before!! She ran to a nearby office to look for a fire extinguisher.

Yikes, a K&N torch ;)

That's exactly what I visualized when I read your post earlier... I had to remove one of my filters today and shake the gas out of it, then leave it out in the sun to dry out. I have a fire extinguisher handy and I know that (theoretically) vacuum will suck the flames in but I think it's time for new seals and gaskets. And maybe floats and a Carter P4070. The FPR didn't do anything.

Back on topic..

If my friend Sue likes Webers does that equal things out Mr Palmer?