battery hold down - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

battery hold down

Featured Replies

Will the factory battery hold down equipment work on an optima red top. I need something to hold my battery in place better than the plastic bin and a nylon strap the PO gave me.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

I am pretty sure they don't as I have found several plans for a new metal tie down that work with them. I modified one of those to work with my duralast and I had to shorten it down considerably.

The bracket I designed, which mgood posted, works great and was easy to make. Other than the need for a few welds, it can be made quickly. With nothing other than a die grinder, drill, vice and hammer, I made mine in a few hours.

Someone posted earlier about the Optima having "booster" legs that alleviated the need for hold-down modifications. Is that not the case?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.