IGNORED

Tires, What Size?

DatsunZGuy

I recently purchased a set of factory six spoke aluminum wheels (14X6) off a 280ZX, which I’m going to mount on my ’72 Z. The plan is to replace all current rubber bushing with urethane ones and install a set of Tokico struts and spring as well. What is largest tire size that I will be able to mount on these wheels without worrying about anything rubbing? I’m hoping to go with 60 series rubber like 195/60s or even 205/60s. Am I about in the right ballpark given the wheels and suspension setup?

Thanks!

:nervous:

195/60 to a 205/60 ought to be just about right. I have run up to a 225/60 on 14x7's so a 14x6 would be just a wee bit smaller.

Try to find out the tires section width before you buy, you need to try to keep it close to the rim width, in other words, a 9 inch wide tire on a 6 inch rim is not good for the tire or the handling.

Most tire manufactures will have a recommended rim width so be sure to check that also.