IGNORED

Recomendation on tire size for my new XXRs.

anthony280z2+2

Just got A set of 513s XXR and need tires for them.

I would Have got the tire rim package but I'm debating on 205s or 215s. The shop owner said 205/50/r16 would fit perfect but 215/50/r16 can also fit. He didn't know how much would 215 affect the ride.if anyone has an idea, recomend, or thoughts let me know. To tell u the truth I really like 215s( if they fit).

What width & offset are the new wheels?

205/55/16 would be the same diameter as stock. The 50 205 series will reduce the diameter by about 3% and throw your speedo off.

The 215's should not be a problem with clearance to the front struts.

Maybe the shop will let you test fit one so you can verify the clearance. The rear won't be a problem.

I have a set of 205/55/16 dunlops coming in next week for my new wheels, only other option with the dunlops was 225/50/16 which I thought would rub.

I think as long as you keep the tire diameter between 24 and 25" you should be fine with whatever decision. For me, I was deciding between the 205/50 and 215/45 because I wanted closer to the 24" mark. My speedo already reads high with my 205/60/14 so this will actually improve my situation.

I went with 205/50 because the tire options are tremendous and the 50 series is a great performance tire. The General Exclaim UHP's I ordered are only 19 pounds, one of the lightest tires I could find and the 205/50 has the rim/lip protection. I also wanted to play it safe on width because I'm not sure where my ride height will be with the coilovers. I didn't want to run into clearance problems with my front valence.

205 will be a light stretch on an 8" wide wheel but not bad at all. The 513's are typically 0 offset on 16x8 so there shouldn't be clearance issues with the strut.

I have XXR 513 rims with 215/40/16 tires on my 240Z. I also have Tokico HP shocks & springs. The setup is ok and I have no issues with rubbing, but 215/50/16 would look nicer I think (too much gap between tyre and fender now). I'm probably going to try 225/50/16 tyres.

My car came with big meatball 235/60/14's, putting the diameter just over 25 on the drive wheels. I did the math and sussed out that at 3000 rpm I'm doing 66.25 MPH when the stock speedo should read 62.5. However, somebody must have calibrated it because the speedo seems accurate according to my math

My friend ordered them for me on his shop account but I was going to get them from Tirerack if he couldn't. All the 16" tire sizes are under $100 and it's ranked pretty highly on Tirerack. It's number 4 in the "ultra high performance summer" tires. I consider that very good considering a Goodyear, Firestone, Michelin, and Bridgestone RE760 round out the top 5 in the category.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP

I think 215/50 is a great size, looks like 24.5" height. General's are Made in France

The reviews make it seem like it gets respectable mileage, even for a summer tire. I bet most local tire shops can order Generals for you if you want to stay local. You could also use a tirerack installer depending on your access to a tire machine.

I got a question that's off the subject. Reply if u want. Yesturday my alternador went out . So I replaced it and now my car won't start. I checked about everything that I can think of. My car will start but dieout in a second. I check, spark, fuel pump, fuel pressure, efi relay , ecu,.and by the way my injectors have no power. If it's not efi relay or ecu what??????