IGNORED

operation cool Z

steve91tt

Summer time is coming and I intend to continue daily driving my 240Z so I have been working to make the cabin livable in the summer heat.

So far...

1. Window tint

2. New AC installed

3. dynomat + new carpet padding

4. Honda blower motor

Today's project was to minimize the internal heat generated by the muffler. The guy that bent up my exhaust did a great job of tucking the muffler up under the bumper but as a result the carpet in the driver's side back corner gets very hot.

So I wrapped it with 2" wide exhaust wrap.

picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=2112

Very easy, inexpensive modification and you can't see it from the back of the car at all. Hopefully it will cut the heat down a bit and be durable enough to take the abuse of being back there. Only time will tell.:)

Steve,

You are taking all of the fun out of burning your ARSE inside your Z in the good ole Houston, Texas summer! Nothing compares to the smell of vinyl and Pork (that would be us), sizzling away. MMMmmmMMM Yeah! LOL

Seriously, you are doing many of the same things that I am, except I am thinking that I will fashion a Heat Shield to go around the muffler and help keep the heat away from the rear and the fuel tank.

The new AC with the Honda fan should keep you nice and frosty ;)

• 4 months later...

Just so you know, most wraps hold moisture close to the metal for extended periods of time. Add heat into the mix, and even stainless will break down after a while. Cannot say how fast it will be, but it does happen. Some subaru friends of mine had that happen to their stainless downpipes.

• 11 months later...