Cheap brake master cylinder? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cheap brake master cylinder?

Featured Replies

I need a new brake master cylinder, and noticed eBay has them going from $45 - $150+

Here is the $45:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eaa4dcc04QQitemZ200425720836QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here is the $150+:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-Brake-Master-Cylinder-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563b05f922QQitemZ370357434658QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What's the difference? Could I just use the $45 version, and put my original plastic reservoirs on them?

BTW, this is for my 77 280z

Black Dragon sells ones for 280s for $100. and I'm pretty sure you can still get one from Nissan directly. I have the $139.95 280ZX version in my 240 (15/16) but you need to get the correct size for your car or application.

Save money on other things. Spend what is needed on everything that controls the steering and brakes.

If cheap is the primary concern, both Advance Auto and O'Reilly Auto list a master cylinder for a 77 280Z at $35.

  • Author

Thanks guys!

Well, I'm not trying to be cheap, but just don't want to be ripped off if they are in fact both of equal quality... shrug

Just replaced mine about a year ago at autozone for around 40 bucks. I have a 78.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just bought one at O'reilly's and feel very confident. New, not rebuilt. Not going to give it a second thought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.