IGNORED

Complete resto 240z project

Sorry to see what you discovered! The 260Z bumpers (and maybe rubber coverings) look pretty good and are 1 year only - and not a whole year at that. The small diamond pattern vinyl on the tranny tunnel is 260Z only.

The seats vinyl patterns are 240Z.

The engine compartment has the ballast resister mounted like a 260Z, along with the infamous seat belt interlock relay on the back firewall next to the fusible links. The front bumper shocks are their also. I go along with the consensus that the whole car is 2 260's! You can confirm the VIN number that is engraved on the firewall right above the brake master cylinder.

Please save that stuff for a 260Z guy. We 260Z'ers are in the minority and our stuff is not in great demand nor worth much. Hence, it gets thrown out or cut up when one is doing a modded car.:finger:

But, good Karma is always a good thing!:D

Edited by oldhemi

**update** 3-31-10

had to go pump out some basements this morning because of how much friggen rain we have had up this way the last couple days:stupid:, so i didnt get as much done as i wouldve liked but pretty much done with the disassembly. got the heater core, a.c. unit, steering column, wiring harness, brake and clutch master cylinders, and the pedal assembly. then i got to work on tearing up some of the sound deadning which is never any fun. found out that were gonna pretty much put an entire new floor into this bad boy wich makes me feel 100000x better about the seam were the two cars were joined. hopefully i can get this thing mounted on the rotisserie some time this weekend and get started on the sandblasting next week as long as the weather is decent. heres some pics!;)

heater core and a.c. unit out

datsunproject014.jpg

datsunproject015.jpg

quater glass removed, had to drill out like 4 or 5 screws which was kind of a bitch

datsunproject019-1.jpg

couple pictures of the drivers side floor pan

datsunproject016.jpg

datsunproject026.jpg

datsunproject017.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: We decided to go with another shell. Just picked this one up today and it is officially a 240Z now (all of it)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Still on the hunt for a manual trans for the LT1....