IGNORED

What are the main difference between the 240z, 260z & 280z?

Prowler

Major differences...

240Z = 2.4 L Engine

260Z = 2.6 L Engine

280Z = 2.8 L Engine

Better vehicle? To each it's own I think, although the '73 240Z did come out with some crappy flat top carburetors that many people replace. Late 240Z, 260Z, and 280Z had bigger bumpers in the front and back, as well as different vehicle weight.

http://www.zhome.com

Excellent source of Z information. You'd be surprised how much the 240Z itself changed from 1970-1973 models.

AND since you are posting from Barbados, you may want to consider that much of the information you'll find here and zhome is SPECIFIC to the US market.

Not sure about Barbados, but you may have had more than ONE year of 260's, unlike the US which only had them in 75.

2¢

E

280z's were fuel injected, an added benefit. Not sure if some later models(77 and 78) had 5 speed trannys, but some had the R200 rearend instead of the R180, a little bit stronger. I just hated the bumpers on the 280z's. The thin ones looked so much better. Oh, and 77 and 78's had vented hoods.

What about body parts are there comparable

Largely yes. Fenders, hoods, and hatches although not all exactly the same are perfectly interchangeable. Doors are not. Bumpers are different (got much larger and rubbery starting on late year 260Z's) but can be retro-fitted with a little work.

5 Speed showed up as an option on the 280Z but I don't believe was standard during any model year.

Read Zhome.com. It's all there.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if I'm missing it, but I don't see anything on Zhome for topics on the 260Z. I wanted to know the car weight and compare to other S30's, but I am having trouble finding it through search. Can someone help me, please?

Rough estimate...

Early 240Zs weighed in at about 2400 lbs. They porked up a bit each year until the 260Z in '74 when they weighed approx 2600 lbs. The 280Zs were close to 2800 lbs. Actual numbers are out there, but I'm too lazy to find 'em... but these are close.