IGNORED

Painting my 260z

Oregon260z

Well I started painting my 260z I couldnt afford real paint so I did the $50 paint job that I came across on the internet and so far I must say it dosent look to bad. Iam only to coat 3 but boy it sure shines compared to my old blue paint job. Yes the seals around the windshield were painted but Iam buying a new seal that my friend said he would install sence he works in the windshield repair business( for free yay :) ). Hope it turns out good but from what I can see so far its gonna look nice once it is cut/and polished up.

Here is a slideshow of the car so far please dont hate to bad on me :paranoid:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/jlnuna/cars/260z/?action=view&current=84888c99.pbw

Thanks for the kind words guys. Iam at coat 3 and plan on doing 8 coats then on my final coat I will wet sand with 1500 and 2000 grit then compound the car and buff it to a glass shine hopefully. If it dont work then I will media blast it and figure something else out but Iam sure it will look nice. "fingers crossed"

You can't beat the results. It looks nice. Post some more pictures when you get all the coats of paint on and then when you have it buffed out. I am sure it is going to look great. What color is it? It was hard to tell. Sort of looks light silver blue?

carl

Well done! It should look great when you are done sanding it out - and should last quite awhile. Nothing at all wrong with using your own labor vs $$$$. Also, since white reflects all colors, it will be harder to notice any potential flaws :)

Thanks guys for the comments. So far total cost of paint job is $32.00 and 14hours of labor, which is fine Iam just glad my family is into cars because I wouldnt beable to do it by myself with my poor health. The final paint and wet sanding and then buffing up is what is gonna take the most time.