IGNORED

Rubber Bushing Set

Mike W

I posted this two years ago regarding the oem rubber bushings. The 2006 cost for a full set including spindle pins was about $200 dollars through online dealer (www.buynissanparts.com). I'm shocked if they doubled in price in four years. Here's the link to the original post http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32622

Thanks for the link to Buy Nissan Parts on line. I was not aware of this site.

Going through a quick check of their prices as compared to Z Car Source, in general the Nissan site is about 1/2 of the price of Z Car. On top of that they have the entire set of bushings needed whereas the set from Z Car was missing a few which I believe was noted by another member.

Based on everything I have read here so far in terms of bushings, I am planning toi use a combination of poly and rubber, which I believe will give me the best compromise of handling as well as ride / noise.

I'm still trying to decide which type will go where so any inputs you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Mike.

Mike,

Here is the list of the bushing I purchased for my 240Z

FRONT CNTRL ARM BUSH 54535-E4100

FRT TENSION ROD BUSH 54476-21000

FRT SWAY BAR END LINK BUSH 56112-W5000

FRT SWAY BAR TO FRAME BUSH 54617-21002

RACK BUSH/DRIVERS 54445-E4101

RACK BUSH/PASS 54444-E4101

FRONT STRUT BUMP STOP 54050-E4101

FRONT STRUT MOUNT 54320-E4100

REAR CONT ARM INNER BUSH(FRT) 55554-E4100

REAR CONT ARM INNER BUSH(REAR) 55555-E4100

REAR CONR ARM OUTER 55541-E4100

REAR CONR ARM OUTER SPINDLE 55540-N3701

REAR CONR ARM OUTER SPINDLE NUT 08912-8421A

DIFF MOUNT 55415-E4102

REAR STRUT BUMP STOP 54050-E4101

REAR STRUT MOUNT 54320-E4100

MUSTACHE BAR BUSHING 55476-N4300

STEERING COLUMN COUPLER 48073-78500

It was very time consuming to locate all the parts, so be patient.

Keith

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

So based on all the help from the forum, I managed to pull together all of the rubber parts that I needed for my front and rear suspension rebuild. (Late 74 260Z).

It turns out that some of the parts are no longer available in rubber so I had to settle for poly in those cases, but for the most part you can still get the rubber.

Rob at Gastoinian Nissan was very helpful and by far had the best prices as least based on those that I found. He also provided a pretty steep discount where he could, elimianted the handling charge, and brought the shipping charge down to something reasonable. Would definitely do business with him again.

I am now in the midst of tearing down the rear end, where I am starting this project. I have both strut assemblies completely out of the car and torn down, including the removal of the spindle pins (Thank you Dave for selling me one of the spindle pin removers that you had. Would never attempt this again without one). My next step will be the removal of the spindle pin bushings, which I understand will be a chore, but I have lots of time to get this completed so I am not too worried about getting it done.

However, a few questions have surfaced. My car has the larger (ie taller) strut mount insulators and they are not available from Nissan any longer. It was recommended that I use the ones for the front but these are 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch shorter and I'd prefer not to lower my car by that amount. Has anyone ever done this with the shorter mounts? Also does anyone know of any for sale (other than MSA where they are > $200 each)? If not I will probably just use the old ones which still look to be in pretty good shape.

Also, does anyoine have the part number for the strut boots for this car?

Finally, I am planning to use ploy bump stops. I assume that these are installed on the strut rod in between the strut tube and the spring carriage which sits on top of the spring. Is this correct.

That's about it for now. Will post progress as it moves ahead. Also have lots of pictures if anyone is interested.

Also, I did compile a spread sheet of all of the parts necessary for this as well as comparable prices from a number of vendors so if anyone wants a copys of this, just send me a mail I will will send it off to you. Bear in mind that is is for a late model 260Z so some of this will not be applicable to the earlier 240's and 260's.

Mike.

Yes the two Mike W's was a total accident.

When I registered, I used a login name which I use regularly not realizing that there was a MikeW who was already a part of the forum

Hope this hasn't caused any confusion or inconvenience.

Mike.