IGNORED

Motorsport Foam Seat Insert Kit

edthev240z

Hi all! My first time here!

I have a '71 with seriously tired seats. I've done the seat cover kit myself, and I really need to do the foam. Are the Motorsport seat foam kits worth the $$ and effort? Is there anything I need to know before tackling them?

I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks.......

Hi all! My first time here!

I have a '71 with seriously tired seats. I've done the seat cover kit myself, and I really need to do the foam. Are the Motorsport seat foam kits worth the $$ and effort? Is there anything I need to know before tackling them?

I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks.......

I just wanted you suggest you this since I have tried both of them.

MSA Form kit only fit good on MSA seat Kit, and one from Classic Datsun only fit good on their kit, so you know.

I am happy with the kit from Classic Datsun because I have red interior and MSA kit does not come with textured area when you order colored seat set.

Black ones from MSA have texured skin.

Both kit are good, and it is up to you.

I recovered my 280 seats with msa covers, and replaced the driver's side foams. I was blown away by the foam when i opened the box, the install was really straight-forward, and while pricey, the improvement in comfort made it a bargain.

I recovered my 280 seats with msa covers, and replaced the driver's side foams. I was blown away by the foam when i opened the box, the install was really straight-forward, and while pricey, the improvement in comfort made it a bargain.

Seats are my next refurb, so I appreciate the info. Mine will go into the 280Z, and MSA note says the foam needs some mods to work with 280 seat frames. What, if anything, did you have to modify?

Seats are my next refurb, so I appreciate the info. Mine will go into the 280Z, and MSA note says the foam needs some mods to work with 280 seat frames. What, if anything, did you have to modify?

Mine went right together...I don't remember that note being on the ad when I ordered my foam...(just doublechecked the ad...) Perhaps they've changed their foam since last summer, or I missed something...:stupid:

I've had both good & bad quality from the MSA interior kits & parts.

I used the MSA seat kits and foam in mine, but I replaced the center panels with cloth.

Fit is fine, but they don't seem to have quite as much "bucket" and side bolster curve as the originals. Slight difference in look, but still more than acceptable. I'm happy with them.

I'm at work, so I don't have any pics to attach.

I don't have experience yet on the Z car seat covers and foam but from my experience with Corvettes, I highly recommend replacing the foam when doing seat covers as others have suggested. I haven't decided who I'm going to buy from yet for my Z car. It seems like most everyone has a kit.

I used the MSA seat foam on my 280 without incident. THey did state that the foam would need a little modification. I spoke to them on the phone and the guy told me I would have to trim a little of the headrest area.

I bought the new skins fron a vendor on Ebay and opted to go with the earlier style 240 covers with the grommets as I have always liked the look.

Using those covers, I didnt need to trim anything, they actually went on a little loose IMO, I stuffed the tops of the covers with fill from a foam pillow to fill it out a bit.

"Using those covers, I didnt need to trim anything, they actually went on a little loose IMO, I stuffed the tops of the covers with fill from a foam pillow to fill it out a bit."

mine are also just a little loose...has anyone used a heat gun with any success, or failure, to shrink the vinyl? wick humble's "how to restore your z-car" mentions doing this...sorry to thread-jack but this could still be relevant...