IGNORED

Oil pan

Pomorza

Hello guys

A friend of mine has a L24E (810 motor) that is sitting on his property. This next week I'm going to be replacing the oil pan gasket on my L28E (280z) and I'm wondering if the two oil pans are interchangeable. I was going to remove one (off the 810) clean and paint it and put it on when I replace mine.

Thanks

Jan

Get the head if you can! The "MN47" heads have a more desirable combustion chamber (also smaller volume, so it will raise compression). If you happen to see a differential from that car I would buy it from you/him.
What's special about the differential? It's just a 3.70 R180.

That is the ratio I'd like to put in once I get a 5 speed. I figure it is close enough to a 3.9, but gives me a bit taller gearing for the highway. Also, after rebushing the car, I'd rather not have to replace the parts I just did, so a R180 would be easier to deal with than an R200. Its not something I've been spending much time looking for [yet] but if anyone comes across one, let me know.

Get the head if you can! The "MN47" heads have a more desirable combustion chamber (also smaller volume, so it will raise compression). If you happen to see a differential from that car I would buy it from you/him.

The last thing you want to do on a 250,000 mile motor is put a new head of any kind on it.