IGNORED

ZCON 2010 July 28th-Aug 1st Nashville,TN

300twinz

Hey Ron,

I am going to try an make it to Nashville Friday and/or Saturday. I have to travel to New Orleans for work on SUnday. I am pretty sure 240ZDave(another ITS racer) will be there with his street Z. Sure would like to meet some of the west coast guys!

Paul

Just a "heads-up"...on-line pre registration will close at noon eastern time on Friday, July 23rd. This is when the committee must commit to attendance counts for banquet meals and other arrangements. Registration will re-open at the convention in Nashville on the 28th however all events will be considered full and late registrations may not get access to everything, including the goodie bag and the awards dinner.

If you are thinking of coming to the convention, it's time to register. Payment can be made via PayPal.

Paul, I am looking forward to it. Are you going to be at the track day?

Probably not since I have to be in New Orleans that afternoon. You probably don't need to know this, but if you run the track day, stay off the rumble strips coming out of the infield, especially drivers right. They will put you on two wheels, also, there is a hole just outside the strip on drivers left that will eat a wheel. Finally, the transition from the oval to the pit out area can be evil if you try to go too deep on the banking.

Hope to see you there.

The "Z Store" at the convention is where all the merchandise will be sold. Merchandise will be available at the car show at the ZCCA tent and inside the Nissan building. Nissan is producing a number of things for the 40th Anniversary of the Z. I'm not sure what, but it will be official Nissan merchandise. Under the guise of the ZCCA most merchandise will have the emblem of my avitar. T-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, clocks, watches, coasters, lapel pins, embroidered patches, window decals, books, hats, artist prints (Cadematori), posters, and slew of other stuff I can't remember. The goodie bag has some of this stuff included. Oh! Dash plaque. There will be a ton of stuff in the raffles. There is also a silent auction of Katayama signed stuff and collectable stuff. And last but not least, the band is doing a special music album for the convention. National recording artist Beth Garner with the Dirty Curties band including Caitlin Nichol-Thomas, Melinda Curtis, Erin Holiman, and Karen Dee. The band will be providing music at three of our activities throughout the week.

Edited by 26th-Z

Man! Am I stoked to see your BRE Z Ron!

I'm not bringing the Z this year but I'm driving up with the wife and son to "spectate" the show since it's only 8 hours to Nashville. We are driving up the night before and we grabbed a room at the Red Roof Inn in Franklin for like $59. Then we are headed over to Bryson City, NC so my 3yr old son can hang out with Thomas the Train ;)

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

Just "confirmed", Randy Rodriguez and Bruce Robinson will be at the convention. They are the gentlemen responsible for the design and delivery of the 370Z. How great will it be to have them with Yoshihiko Matsuo?! The guest list is getting crazy. What a great group of people are coming. Come Saturday, Ron will be seen posing with the "Peter McLaughlin Collection". Look for lots of publicity from all this. You can hear all the excitement when we talk with the Nissan people. They have been great. And many people seem to be kicking in a little extra to make this year a great party. There have been a couple of huge efforts. The Matsuo effort was huge. HLS30-00013 will be seen posing with the "heritage" guys Saturday. Another huge effort. Our thanks to everyone.

We have been getting 6 - 8 registrations a day for the last two weeks. We are topping 300 Z cars and around 600 people. On-line registration closes at noon Eastern time tomorrow (friday) and re-opens in Nashville next Wednesday, July 28th, at 1:00 pm.