IGNORED

Oh no...rust ;)

Mikez73

I don't think most people here have seen my car. I didn't think it had any serious rust. I looked in all the usual places and everything looked pretty good.

But I was thinking about selling my car so I was taking some more detailed pics of the dings.

Like these cracks where the spoiler wing was molded to the quarter panel:

02-19-10_016-t.jpg

02-19-10_017-t.jpg

When I saw the second pic I figured I better check that out. That whole molded in piece ended up coming off and I found this:

02-21-10_002-t.jpg

Bummer...

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/Mike88se/images/240/240Z.htm

That bondo is sneaky stuff:)
It is. I'm not crazy about the stuff. It has it's uses but this wasn't a good one. I was told all the bodykit parts were glassed in.
You may now have a case of "where do I stop".

Good luck with it.

Thanks. I'm not the kind of person to strip the car down and dip it in zinc but I'll get whatever rust I see. I kept at it with a wirebrush on a drill going around the perimeter until I found where the rust stops. The rust only extended about an inch beyond the area you see in the pic. I guess water got in through those cracks and wreaked havoc. I can get rid of the rust. I don't know if I can mount the spoiler extension and make it look good. The extension is fine. Apparently it's made of fiberglass. Not a big deal all in all but it puts a damper on selling the car anytime soon. I'm not that enthusiastic about selling it anyway ;)