IGNORED

Squeege Strip Install Help

Miles

I am replacing the stainless steel strip that has the window squeege on it. It slipped on ok untill the last 5 inches towards the front of the door. The last 5 inchs of the strip acts like there is something preventing it from slipping all the way down on the lip. I looked under the strip with a flashlight and can't see anything in the way. The strip went over the barrel shaped roller bracket ok. Its just the last section between the roller bracket and the front of the door that wont slip into place.

Thanks

Miles

Sounds like one of those "Gotta be here to see what I'm talking about" issues.

I can't visualize what w=could be stopping it from laying down.

I would pull it off and inspect the door area for signs of fatigue or scraping. any signs that say "I'm stopping it from goind all the way down" Lay the old one next to the new one and do a simple comparison. If that's possible.

Dave

I had similar problem with the aftermarket SST / rubber strips (made in Thailand).

I attributed the problem to the retainers inside the strip .... some were pinched real tight. Also I think the supplier used a different material or heat treat since the spring rate on the V-shaped clip was verf high (stiff). I massaged the clips open on the bench slightly to get them to fit without destroying the strip during installation. I was not real happy with final result. That is the price you pay for buying aftermarket instead of the OEM Datsun parts ((NLA).