IGNORED

72 240Z hard to start and run

miker

Those look to be the correct carb's for that car from a glance at the photo. The electric pump cannot function properly where it is installed. These are meant to push fuel. They do not have the capacity to pull fuel properly that distance from the tank. I wonder why the mechanical pump was bypassed and left in place too? I'd consider installing a new mech fuel pump and using it. They work fine. Otherwise, pull that elec pump and put it back by the tank where it belongs. There is wiring back there for a elec pump. It's a lead off the harness to the fuel level sender. The pump wiring has an in-line fuse under the fuse panel cover at the dash. I'm with Beandip on the early 80's RX-7 elec pump for the carb'd rotary. They run church mouse quiet and provide a solid 4 psi. I run the same thing in my 71 240Z.

Edited by ezzzzzzz