IGNORED

Throttle stuck wide open

Diseazd

Anyone ever had their throttle stick wide open? It's the second time it's happened......I suspect the thick rubber mats, but not sure......I can't make it stick when I try.......It'll really get your attention when it happens!!!

Check your engine mounts! If broken, the engine will lift under acceleration, causing the throttle linkage fully open the SU's.

Tom

I put in the pile carpet kit that had carpet on the trans tunnel and had problems with the throttle sticking. I went back to the installer guy and he notched the floor carpet piece so it didn't stick up in the corner, and it still happened. Took out the floor mat and took some insulation I had added off of the back of the carpet and that seemed to fix it, but soon afterward my wife stopped daily driving it and it became my race car and the carpets came out.

Carpet and mats are the #1 suspect for stuck throttles in a Z IMO.

Iinitially thought it may have hung up on the brake master-vac hose and moved the that hose over. No such luck....it did it again Sunday.......It really gets your attention when you put the clutch in to shift and the RPM's go off the chart.......Thank God for the heavier Isky springs or my pistons would have been eating valves!!