IGNORED

Brake Replacement

Sparx Macgyver

So I'm going to be replacing the brake lines on my Z. So far I've gotthe following list of parts:

~Calipers

~Drums

~Pads

~Rotors

~Shoes

~Master Cylinder

~Brake Lines

Did I miss anything? Should I be wary of anything from the auto store? I can change brakes fairly easily, though this will be my first Z brake job.

While you're at it put on some Speed Bleaders, several people here have done so and like them. I'm putting them on when I do my brake system, in fact I've already got them sitting on the parts shelf in the garage. :)

On the front you may also consider doing the 4Runner 4-piston caliper upgrade. This is another change I'm going to be making.

Lastly, on the master cylinder consider going from the stock 7/8" model to the 15/16" model from a later Z car.

The last two will make a noticable difference in your braking distance from what I've read. The above are items I'm changing on my brake system as a result of much research. I'm also doing drilled and slotted front rotors.

Edited by texasz

Thanks for the tip about the Speed Bleeders. Defiantly adding those to the list of items to grab for the Z.

If I upgrade the calipers/rotors to the Toy 4X4 ones, I'll grab a the 280ZX BMC.

I haven't decided if I'm going to upgrade yet. For now, I just kinda figured on keeping ti stock to get everything in proper functioning order. But again thanks for the heads up.