IGNORED

What do you guys think, new 2+2 shell, need some advice from seasoned users

WogsRus

Ok so i have posted most pics here

http://wogsrus.gallery.netspace.net.au/album01

and a post about soem rear end here

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6227.0.html

Esentially the car is a 75 2+2 mostly complete.

The rust in some areas is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Comes complete with interior, and so froth, wheels, but no engine or gearbox.

Bonnet is shagged, front panels are crappy but i have good set from the donor car.

Overall it looks fkucking fantastic when you see what i am working with.

The owner is asking $1500 as is, which i think is a fair price, he is looking at an alternative which has been in a garage under cover for 15 years but still registered, tired motor but otherwise should be in great nick for $3000.

Can you guys have a look over the photos and tell me what you think?

Any advice, in particulary the battery tray area, would be great.

Thanks

It sux living in tasie and being so far away from decent cars

If you're good with a welder than its will be easy, some rust places are indeed hard to get, you will probably find some more around the rear quarter windows, underneath the rubber seals. The area underneath the battery area is mostly likely rusted, if you poke a screw driver through it the sheet will crumble and break. But again if you're good with a welder than its very doable. Can you post a few pics of the current car you're working on?

will do i need to take some, it's pretty bad, once again, it would be all doable, but unfortunately for me, someone has already had a red hot go and half assed it so there are panels welded in here and there.

So you reckon the battery area is toast? The rust looks bubbly not sure how deep it goes though?

Keep looking.

What are you really purchasing here? There is little to no good sheet metal, and you have no drive train. Plus, it's a 2+2. I wouldn't let someone give me that car. It's gonna cost you $6000 just to make it a $2000 car. Yes, I see where you live. Start off with a better car!

2 cents,

Adamr

I think he just want the shell as he has the drive train from the one's working on. If he is good with welding it wouldnt cost him 6k to make it a 2k car, plus some prefers 2+2s. I have an MR2 and honestly its not very versatile I can drive only one of my friend in it. But yes if he has the $ its much better off with a better car.

yeah i should have added i have another 2+2 which has more holes in it then you can poke a stick at. It has a full inteior and mechanicals, all i really want is ashell where i can't see day light through the floor pretending to be fred flistone.

i wanted a 2+2 due to family, makes life much easier. The 260Z 2 seater i will aslo be purchasing next year will be my toy.

I have tried to negotiate on price and the sale price is $1500 firm.

Well i have never actually welded that much, but seing as i manage to do just about anythign else, being a mechanical enginner has it's purks, i will manage. use to be fairly preficient with a stick but have not done much mig.

Body work is relativaly easy for me to sought out with my contacts.

I will try and see what the 3K car is like, perhaps it is i a better condition whih would make it a better start.

Keep em coming guys