IGNORED

How do I test a 280 clock?

nwZfan

Clocks tick Every Second, and some click a few times per second. Or they don't "Click" at all. My Rolex does not "Click" at all. It's just one smooth movement.
Actually, it just looks smooth. Your Rolex (like most other Swiss-made mechanical movements) ticks at 8 times per second. Most Japanese mechanicals tick at 6 beats per second.

I know, I was just making a point. It looks like a smooth movement though. And besides, IT'S A ROLEX!!! I'm just happy to have had it handed down from Grandfather before he passed on.

Well, I'm off to go hang a 52" flat screen TV for a friend. Yeah for me.... not.

Dave

Actually, it just looks smooth. Your Rolex (like most other Swiss-made mechanical movements) ticks at 8 times per second. Most Japanese mechanicals tick at 6 beats per second.

That is as they are today. From about 1885 to the late 1950's most watches, Swiss and American, had 18,00O BPH, or 5 per second.

Dave, take care of it, a very fine time peice. The 5 points of the Rolex Crown represent the five fingers of the craftsman that made it.

Here are 2 examples of what I enjoyed working on. Not Z related, but I couldn't resist. :D

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150809173816_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150809174115_thumb.jpg

So you guys are implying that my functional clock is broken because it only clicks every 15 seconds? The same with the clock in my mom's new Lincoln? my alarm clock I've used for the last 20 years only clicks every five (5) seconds, and it's got a quartz thing.

Edited by TomoHawk

So you guys are implying that my functional clock is broken because it only clicks every 15 seconds? The same with the clock in my mom's new Lincoln? my alarm clock I've used for the last 20 years only clicks every five (5) seconds, and it's got a quartz thing.

Nope, we're saying that your hearing needs testing, especially If the clock in the lincoln only clicks every 5 seconds. If every one is arguing against you, you might just be wrong for once.

Back to the subject at hand.