IGNORED

Jumping in with 2

ArnieTX

I need the fuel lines from Car #1. I disconnected everything in the front, middle and very back. There looks like a connection or two left right up under the rear end area. Is it possible to get to these with the rear end and suspension intact? I called it a night once I got to this point. Also, can these break lines be snaked back into car#3 easily while the suspension is in? I searched but couldn't find any answers to these questions.

I need a lift. LOL:)

Thanks

I need the fuel lines from Car #1. I disconnected everything in the front, middle and very back. There looks like a connection or two left right up under the rear end area. Is it possible to get to these with the rear end and suspension intact? I called it a night once I got to this point. Also, can these break lines be snaked back into car#3 easily while the suspension is in? I searched but couldn't find any answers to these questions.

I need a lift. LOL:)

Thanks

That is a great question I wish I knew how to get the brake lines out, the hard fuel lines being careful I almost got them out I need to lift the car higher so I'm waiting for a day I have someone their (they came up threw the engine compartment).

Anyone without a lift wants a lift:)

You WILL NOT REGRET getting your carbs done by Ztherapy. Not one bit. Really improved my mid and upper RPM,a swell as gave me a rock solid idle. The video spells out exactly how to use the car sync tool. After you get the carbs hooked up double check all your vacuum lines are good. The new SU's are so tight, they respond to the slightest adjustment. Make sure all the vacuum lines are pristine so you give yourself a fighting chance to get those carbs dialed in. I think it took me about 5 minutes to do the job once the engine was warm. After I drive it a few months, I will probably just do a double check, but watch the video several times, and get acquainted with every adjustment screw and its location, it will become like second nature after a while.

PS.. I have to add this, DO NOT forget to remove your fuel bowl vent caps... haha

You WILL NOT REGRET getting your carbs done by Ztherapy. Not one bit. Really improved my mid and upper RPM,a swell as gave me a rock solid idle. The video spells out exactly how to use the car sync tool. After you get the carbs hooked up double check all your vacuum lines are good. The new SU's are so tight, they respond to the slightest adjustment. Make sure all the vacuum lines are pristine so you give yourself a fighting chance to get those carbs dialed in. I think it took me about 5 minutes to do the job once the engine was warm. After I drive it a few months, I will probably just do a double check, but watch the video several times, and get acquainted with every adjustment screw and its location, it will become like second nature after a while.

PS.. I have to add this, DO NOT forget to remove your fuel bowl vent caps... haha

Yep and when you get hooked on them you might try some of the tricks you can do with them. The SU is a fun carb to work with, the key word is work. They need more slight adjustments more than a classic 4 barrel carb, mostly because of the setup, and checking to see if they are balanced with each other, every now and again.

The coolest thing in my book about them thou is it is like having a little carb (better at idle, and fuel consumption) and when you want it you have a big carb that would stall the car out at idle, and give you power under a load. In other-wards you get the cake and you get to eat it too.:classic:

THE SU's remind me of the first holley 1850 4 barrel carb. Mechanical primaries, with vacuum secondaries. THe engine will only take what it needs...You can tune it by giving it as much help as you want with spring diaphrams. I guess in SU land, you can adjust the weight of the fluid to control how soon you get it to full open. Such a nice carb design. I have not tried to performance tune mine yet, but I will probably play with air/fuel mix first.