Marty Rogan

Pay it forward!!!

Marty,

Ashtray recv'd, repaired (decent job if i do say so myself) and now has home in my console. VERY much appreciated.

and now to keep paying it forward..........

1 set (used) visors in red. good shape, no tears, slight silver overspray looks like it can be cleaned off or left.------GIFTED

1 set poly bumpstops (new) in blue------------- GIFTED

1 set poly bushings (new) in black for rear struts------------- GIFTED

1 pass rear wheel cylinder (new) for 240z with brake hard line straight out from cylinder. My '71 had the angled brakeline and I had this one too long before i went to install to return.------------- GIFTED

1 set (used) quarter window louvers. Black plastic (ABS?) driver's side has 1 crack looks to be repairable, pass side no cracks. Slightly faded, i'd recommend a quick spray.------GIFTED

Kris, shipped today. PM sent.

Dustin, Bob and H.H., your parts are on there way. With a little luck, you might have them before Xmas.

There are a few parts left:

- '83 fan and fan clutch. clutch feels good.

- '83 thermastat housing

- '83 Pulley

- '70 Water Pump pulley cover. Great core to send in for re-plating.

- '70-71 Fan clutch. Not pretty but worked well when removed.

- Left side headlight cover. Good condition, with gasket.

Marty

Still a few parts left. Surely someone could use them.

Marty

Marty,

Tool lids and shift boot arrived.

Many Thanks,

H Houghton

My pleasure. If you haven't already, don't forget to post something for the next guy.

Marty

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life. I'm shipping a pair of wiper arm nuts to Koalia in Finland today. He needs 'em, can't find any in Finland, and I've got spares I don't need.

And thanks for that Arne! There aint much Z's (none) in our scrapyards where to look. There's lot of other Datsuns like 100A (most popular one in 70's), 120A, 120Y, 150Y etc etc but no Z's.

Prefer local pick-up in Bakersfield, CA.

From 76 280z:

- removed used a/c parts (compressor, seized pulley, vacuum canister, brackets, some relays and vac. tubing). The box is heavy and needs to go as one unit, please. A/c was disconnected in the car when I bought it, the a/c compressor's condition is unknown. A heater core will be included.

Chevy 350 engine bare block, 4-main, I acid dipped it a few years ago, still has surface rust. 0-over if I am not mistaken. It will definitely need to be bored out.

For faster response please email me at simzealot at gmail doooootttttt com.

Den

• Like 1

I'll bite. I have a tired-but-working alternator and mechanical voltage regulator out of my 5/72 car. I'm sure the alternator could use a refresh, but it powered the car well enough to drive it before I swapped in a modern one. PM me if interested.

I am going to round up and send BTF/PTM a pair of good Taillight housings...

Will

I've gone to coilovers and these springs are useless to me. What I have is the complete Tokico "kit" from MSA except for the front shocks, (they are now my rear shocks) These springs lowered my car about 7/8 inch. Four springs, (I have them marked as to front and rear) and two BZ 3016 Illumina shocks. All you need is a couple of BZ 3015 for the front and you have the whole kit that MSA sold for $499. (mine is a '71 240 Z)

Edited by WW2Winger

dibs on suspension if not given already...I have to say coming from the VW world of cars and forums I have never seen a online group that is this giving with information and help as this one. I have only had my car about a month and have alreeady had a member(Steve) at my house helping me out asking for nothing in return...kudos all wish I had parts to share but havent acumulated any yet...do have some mk5 vw rabbit parts laying around if anyone is interested...jamie

Edited by KAL7467

I really liked the thought behind this thread, so I wanted to revive it.

Full set of six stock diameter exhaust valves for L24, '70-73. Brand new, bought for a previous car and never used, and don't now expect to ever use them.

Will let them go for $10 total, to cover shipping and hassling with getting to the Post Office. No PayPal, please. USA only.

I really liked the thought behind this thread, so I wanted to revive it.

Full set of six stock diameter exhaust valves for L24, '70-73. Brand new, bought for a previous car and never used, and don't now expect to ever use them.

Will let them go for $10 total, to cover shipping and hassling with getting to the Post Office. No PayPal, please. USA only.

Dayum... :/

I have a set of stock 280z springs is you want them.

Will they fit on my 72 240z? i want replace the struts with springs or coilovers

Will they fit on my 72 240z? i want replace the struts with springs or coilovers

280Z springs aren't a good choice for the 240Z.

Good to know, Custom coil-overs a good choice though?

It's difficult to say. What is your goal? One of the best ways not to waste your money is to know what you're trying to achieve and why you're trying to achieve it. However, we're moving away from the purpose of this thread. I suggest you start a new thread in the appropriate section to ask suspension questions.

Spoken for!

what a great idea!! im only weeks into owning a 73 z, but you better believe if I have something im not gonna use ill drop it on here! im still tearing mine down, and need more things then i can do without. great idea though marty

Arne, shouldn't 'Pay It Forward' be it's own Sub Forum? Perhaps AC/Heating too... (sorry for the hijack).

Edited by ZCurves

I have a butt load of stock parts that I'm willing to let someone have for shipping cost. To include:

N42 head with valves and cam

Intake manifold (EGR type) with throttle body

Exhaust manifold

prop shaft

oil pan

oil pickup filter

windshield wiper motor

4 speed tranny

a bunch of other parts I haven't inventoried yet about 8 boxes of little stuff. If interested e-mail me @ cantwt2r@wildblue.net. If anyone wants the whole batch let me know.:)

I've got a few things

Extra fuel pump

Used alternator (76 280z)

Charcoal can

1k miles used MSA turbo style muffler

Maybe a few other things

I'm looking for a close ratio 5 speed still out of a 280zx i will pay for that

Edited by robftw

Does anybody have a used 280z rear strut insulator? I've contacted a few guys on the hybridz and locally, so far no results. I am going to call my parts dept buddy at Nissan. Out of my give-away parts my Chevy 350 block was finally picked up.