IGNORED

Enigine dip stick tube and oil breather tube removal

widget777

I am ready to lift my long block out of the car so that I can clean the engine compartment and put a new long block in. Just 2 bolts left to take off. How do I remove the oil dip stick tube and the metal oil breather tube that leads to the hose that connects to the PVC valve? My new long block does not come with these 2 items. Thanks

I have removed several of those tubes. The dip stick tube can be removed without damage by using a properly sized pin punch. You must drive it out from the inside of the engine however. Otherwise, you will have to grab it with vise grips from the outside, and twist and pull. If you this method, slip a similarly sized small rod down the dipstick to keep the dipstck from collapsing. And yes, it will leave ugly vise grip marks on it. The side breather tube is a bugger to remove without damage. Try supporting it on the inside with a bar that slips in the tube to keep it from collapsing. Years ago these items were available from Nissan, but I havn't bought any in over 25 years. Probably NLA.

Phred