IGNORED

New paint ... Finally!!!

mlaw7

I AM BEGGING YOU! NOOoo. With all of that nice body work, you would leave the holes? These were an aftermarket install anyway.....Sorry, I just really do not care for them, but if you insist! In Fact, I will give you mine (I still have most of the parts) and if you can make use of them, then they are yours. I will put some pics of my Z paint work this weekend!

Andrew

Edited by ZCurves

I know many of us here don't care for the dealer-installed aluminum channel side molding on an S30. I personally do - as long as the rear piece doesn't extend past the rear wheel well. Just my personal preference ...

Either way, I know we both agree Z-cars are beautiful - whether the view is from the outside or from behind the wheel! From the passenger seat it's pretty cool too ...

Anyway, here are a few more photos from the paint & body shop.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

post-15707-1415080899709_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150808997808_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150808998452_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150808999051_thumb.jpg

Keep us posted. I notice you have the same trim down low on the sides that I do. Are you planning on leaving that on or taking it off and filling the holes before painting?

More photos from this afternoon at the paint & body shop ... won't be long now!

post-15707-14150809026454_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150809027162_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150809027799_thumb.jpg

post-15707-14150809028403_thumb.jpg

post-15707-1415080902899_thumb.jpg

Mlaw7 I like the color it almost qualifies as an TAMU maroon; look forward to seeing pictures of it when it is finished, or even better yet bring it up to Spring for the Saturday night car show on Spring Cypress at Champions Forest. The car show should start back up in March.

Zcurves, where in Spring are you? I am in Gleannloch Farms.

I just heard from the body shop guy in regard to the paint on my car. He painted the inside but said he found some areas on the outside that he wanted to work on more before he painted it. I appreciate him taking his time and doing it right but after a year, it is hard to tell if its just an excuse or not. I am VERY jealous of your car mlaw7. I love looking at pictures of cars getting restored.

carl

MLaw7 - You make me soooo jealous!! My Z is a couple of weeks away from where your car is now! I still want to take some pics of the two when I get mine back together. That Plum color is fantastic! You know these cars look better than original showroom with proper paint and modern materials! Great Job!! I noticed that your Bumpers look new. Did you re-chrome or polish? Very nice! I need to have mine done too.

Andrew