Driving/Fog Lamps confusion - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Driving/Fog Lamps confusion

Featured Replies

I don't suppose there is a driving lamp with an incorporated cornering lamp?
PIAA used to make a dual light, that had a driving light and fog light in the same housing. But something with a cornering light? I've never heard of any.
  • Author

I remember seeing that dual lamp in the J.C. Whitney catalog.

  • Author

There's a seller called Autopal on eBay- ( http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Autopal-Lights__W0QQ_armrsZ1 ) any feelings about him? This seller has a whole bunch of H4 lamps and kits that it's difficult to tell which one will work on a 280Z.

Which bulb number did you get- 6014 or 6024?

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

  • Author

When you refer to the 'beam pattern,' are you talking about the pattern you'd see on a wall at, say, 50 ft., or the pattern on the road surface/peripherally? Most things I saw on the web show the former.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

There's a seller called Autopal on eBay- ( http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Autopal-Lights__W0QQ_armrsZ1 ) any feelings about him? This seller has a whole bunch of H4 lamps and kits that it's difficult to tell which one will work on a 280Z.

Which bulb number did you get- 6014 or 6024?

thxZ

I don't know anything about that ebay seller or which lights I got. Mine are E Code 7" round with 60/55W bulbs and additional 4W parking light bulbs. The seller I got them from is a Z owner and sponsors zcar.com. His prices are about the same as the ebay seller, so if you are leaning that way, why not support a Z guy? BTW, I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

If you do get them from h4lights, tell John that Jeff with the LeMons Z sent you.

Edited by Jeff G 78

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I would just prefer not to buy lamps that won't even fit the car or the lamp connector.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.