IGNORED

Nissan FAST System

lm71z

For those of you who have installed the Nissan FAST System on your computer, have you noticed that it uses 100% percent CPU? Does anyone know if there's a way to make the program not use so much system resources?

It doesn't do that on mine.

Steve

Well what version of Windows are you running? I've installed it on Vista and on XP and it does the same thing on both. Maybe I have a bad version of FAST? Where did you download the program from?

I run XP and I don't remember where I got FAST from. Sorry.

It does come in handy. From the Xenon site:

The Nissan E-FAST and FAST software will help you find parts and part numbers for all Datsun/Nissan vehicles made from 1964 to 2003. Note: E-FAST is not a stand alone catalog, so it requires installation of the FAST catalog to open and operate. Both systems allow you to view illustrations and create parts lists that can be printed and/or saved.

Actually the part of Fast that applies to the S30 is called Efast, and though it shares an opening menu, it is a seporate program, and essentially yet another copy of the microfische. The club CD is more legible, and easier to use.

Fast is for the 17digit vin cars(280ZX on), efast is for what came before them (S30, SRL, SPL, etc...).

Will

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread for a new OS...

So has anyone installed this on Windows 7? I had it running in XP Home and now have a new machine.

I've been going through the installation process and may have hit a bump. I ran the setup prog, which was supposed to create a "FAST for Windows" folder in the start menu. In this folder is supposed to be "FAST setup." However, I have no such folder after running setup. I do have the "Nissan Menu" in the root dir of the start menu.

I had to set up the "CD drives" as "Disk1 and Disk2" folders by executing Nfset.exe. This seemed to be the program that the FAST instructions was referring to.

After doing that, I can launch the "Nissan Menu" from the start button and not have it bomb. I can then launch EFAST, and the screen looks as it did when I launched it from my XP Home installation.

Here's the thing, though. I'm prompted to enter the model series and production date at the top. As I recall, I'm supposed to enter "S30" and "1177" (for Nov 1977) in these fields. When I enter the "S30" or any other identifier I can think of, like S-30, 30S, 30-S, 280Z, and 280-Z, the program takes a pregnant pause, beeps, and then deletes what I entered. I'm almost positive I would enter "S30" on my prior installation. What gives?

FAIW, I'm pretty sure I've properly installed this thing, but I'm not certain. I vaguely recall having had to manually execute NFset.exe before (with XP-Home), so I don't think I've done anything different this time.