e-tek

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

No not too much racing going on the past year or so here. Still working off the debt. The car still in great shape, and I keep it licensed throughout the summers. If you make it down to Regina you can take it out for a spin, and tell me about what all went into the car. I'm curious about the spring-rates up front.

D'OH!! I was just down a couple weekends ago for a wedding and would have loved it. I recall Tokiko Shocks with Eibach Springs, larger Front and Rear sway bars, poly bushings, the 5 speed, a lower geared rear end (from a 510 think?)... the exact spring rate....hmmmm...:ermm:

Thanks again for the pics - still looks great!

Where does everyone buy there parts? I've been lloking at The Z Store. Seem to have most everything I need (quarters, inners, seat covers, carpets, some engine stuff...).

Thanks!

E-tek: I have the Tabco quarters and inner fenders as well as a set of floor pans and rails. I was going to redo a 73 that I had but it was too far gone, found a 70 in much better shape and now do not need the parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

E-tek: I have the Tabco quarters and inner fenders as well as a set of floor pans and rails. I was going to redo a 73 that I had but it was too far gone, found a 70 in much better shape and now do not need the parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

PM sent

Just came across your thread very nice garage, how big? Don't ya just hate rust, everytime I see a set of pans missing it just makes me cringe. Then again I just came in from hammering off the Rt rear drum, slipped and sent the hammer through the fwd lwr wheel well . . . damn! Great job so far, keep us posted.

Just came across your thread very nice garage, how big? Don't ya just hate rust, everytime I see a set of pans missing it just makes me cringe. Then again I just came in from hammering off the Rt rear drum, slipped and sent the hammer through the fwd lwr wheel well . . . damn! Great job so far, keep us posted.

Sorry, didn't see your thread - plus I've been working on another resto for a while!! The shop is 25x40, about 1000sq ft....about half - no wait - 1/5th the size I need!

Quick update - I purchased the floor pans, quarters and rails from 240dkw. he was nice enough to stop in Saskatoon on his way through, so we met and made the deal. With the car up on the new rotisserie I built, I'm ready to really dig in!!

I've been hrearing a lot about - and sampling some - of Eastwood Company's resto products and tools. I'll likely use a lot of their stuff on this build, so stay tuned and I'll let you know how it goes!

Hey guys - CHECK OUT the lastest issue (March 2011) of CarCraft Magazine. My shop is featured in "This Guys Garage" and they captioned my 240Z build. It's front and center in the 2-page photo!:classic:

Not online on CarCraft.com yet (so you'll buy the mag!), but it will be. I'll post a link then too.

Ed, So after reading up on "Chili's" page, I noticed a lot of "Did" "Was" and other Past tence words that give the indication that she is no longer with us.... Is this true or is she just No longer racing or working on cars? I don't mean to pry but just a little confused.

Congrats on the Feature in CC. That is awesome. Kinda immortalizes the shop and the Z for future readers. And you'll get the Z out to car guys that normally wouldn't take a second look at a Japanese Car. But since it'll be in their Muscle Car Magazine, they won't have a choice..... Mua ha ha ha :pirate:

Dave

Ed, So after reading up on "Chili's" page, I noticed a lot of "Did" "Was" and other Past tence words that give the indication that she is no longer with us.... Is this true or is she just No longer racing or working on cars? I don't mean to pry but just a little confused.

No no!!! Chili is still VERY MUCH with "us" - well me that is!! She just isn't racing (on the track)....she is however, driving the **** out of her Mini Cooper S on the street everyday!!

Congrats on the Feature in CC. That is awesome. Kinda immortalizes the shop and the Z for future readers. And you'll get the Z out to car guys that normally wouldn't take a second look at a Japanese Car. But since it'll be in their Muscle Car Magazine, they won't have a choice..... Mua ha ha ha :pirate:

Dave

Good point!! However, I've seen a few times where CarCraft or HotRod will show a Z-car.....just that it more than likely it has a 302 or SBC in it...

Ok, haven't been here for a while and my 240 is still hanging on the rotisserie I built for it for it near 3 years ago!! In the meantime I've built a show-winning 56 Chev Step-side and just finished the metal work on a 67 Cougar. While I await my next paying project, I aim to get the floors done....

106_2204.JPG

106_2206.JPG

Lots of little spots to fix before I can even think of attaching the floor pan:

106_2209.JPG

106_2211.JPG

But once those spots are repaired - the pan looks like it will fit nicely :)

106_2214.JPG

More to come!

post-18557-14150820256506_thumb.jpg

Not much traffic on this site eh??

Today I finished up the passenger floor pieces and prepped the rail for installation.

106_2265.JPG

106_2266.JPG

106_2267.JPG

The floor fit WAY better than I expected - so I'm hopefull the rest of the metal work goes just as smoothly!!

Am I in the wrong section? Not often you don't see a comment weeks after posting....

It does look great. I guess the car wasn't a California car. Lets see pics of the 56 Chevy you finished.

It does look great. I guess the car wasn't a California car. Lets see pics of the 56 Chevy you finished.

Definitely NOT a CA car!! :classic: I'd show you the '56, but not in this forum!! If you'd like to see more of my work, check out my site at www.e-tekrestorations.com

Stay tuned - I'll be doing the other floor pan - and a bunch more - this week!

Edited by e-tek

I wanted a better transition from the old to new rail, so I made up a piece that would bridge the gap:

106_2324.JPG

106_2325.JPG

106_2323.JPG

Bought this great chisel set with removable ends last week - a real nice set that I could have used hundreds of times over the years!

106_2335.JPG

106_2336.JPG

• Like 1

Great progress Ed, keep up the great work! I'm in the middle of the same type of project on my '74 260Z.. Almost two years in and it's finally going back together. Just got the engine and transmission installed yesterday! Thanks for sharing and keep the photos coming!

Tom

e-tek: It looks like you are putting the panels to good use. Keep up the updates.

Dan

Thanks Dan - took a while to get to it tho! Thanks again for stopping in S'toon to get them to me!

Looking good. It will be a great ride when your finished. Nice chisel set, I came to the same conclusion when I was almost finished on another car. Like they say; right tools for thr right job.

Cheers

Finally got a little more done. The ubiquitous under the battery box rust....

POR15 on the underside will make sure it stays protected

106_2509.JPG

Some shrinking to get the curve:

106_2506.JPG

A little planishing to roll it out:

106_2508.JPG

106_2510.JPG

Now I can cut out that little soft spot near the bottom corner....

106_2523.JPG

106_2511.JPG

Judging by the amount of fiberglass and filler....someone tried to turn it into a Corvette....

post-18557-14150821451973_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150821452277_thumb.jpg

Going back to all metal - but this time from the USA and properly prepped. Maybe it won't rust as fast.....

post-18557-14150821452493_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150821452713_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I saw this thread for the first time today, and I love the work that you are doing. I am currently a little behind (replacing firewall, sheet metal under battery tray, and engine bay rails, amongst other things)but basically trying to do the same. I am not a proffesional so it's nice to see it done the right way and try to mimick.

Where did you get your fender arches from? I know that some companies only sell fiberglass versions and that's not what I am looking for.