IGNORED

Ztherapy excitement

Zedyone_kenobi

We'll leave chrome polish to the owners.

Hi Bruce, I think we all know that you don't aim for a chrome level polish (I was just kidding around). Your product is beautiful, and as you said, returns your clients to [as new or better than new]. Which is appropriate.

Every time I see your work product, my first thought is "wow".

Smoothing and polishing until you have no more fingerprints isn't nor should it be your goal. (and it will never be my goal again).

As I mentioned earlier, if your willing, I'd like my set-up to end up in your expert hands to assemble (now that you have shipped me everything to do it, I'm hoping to ship it all back LOL ).

Hey that looks really good - but they must have shorted you one man. ROFL Three is what you need I tell you :classic:.

Like the 3 and manifold I have still setting in the box from when we looked at them. You rs will be on soon and a lot faster than mine - like all of your Z projects vs mine. Yep I am further behind :ermm:!

Congrats on those again :beer: - now get them on and lets go pull some ZX parts off LOL!

Hi Bruce, I think we all know that you don't aim for a chrome level polish (I was just kidding around). Your product is beautiful, and as you said, returns your clients to [as new or better than new]. Which is appropriate.

Every time I see your work product, my first thought is "wow".

Smoothing and polishing until you have no more fingerprints isn't nor should it be your goal. (and it will never be my goal again).

As I mentioned earlier, if your willing, I'd like my set-up to end up in your expert hands to assemble (now that you have shipped me everything to do it, I'm hoping to ship it all back LOL ).

Sometimes my responses may come off sounding too obvious but I find myself thinking in terms of "who may be reading this that may not be as up to speed on our services" as you the "learned" ones.

Call me and we can work out the particulars. For enough money, etc etc etc

Hey that looks really good - but they must have shorted you one man. ROFL Three is what you need I tell you :classic:.

Like the 3 and manifold I have still setting in the box from when we looked at them. You rs will be on soon and a lot faster than mine - like all of your Z projects vs mine. Yep I am further behind :ermm:!

Congrats on those again :beer: - now get them on and lets go pull some ZX parts off LOL!

Yeah, triples would have been sweet bud. But I am pretty sure I could not have pried them out of your hands with a 5 foot crow bar! haha. I like the ease of running the SU's, and I know I will never make more power than they can supply. Unlike you who plan to build a monster :)

the Z Therapy carbs were probably the best money I ever spent on my car

Agreed. I went from being afraid everytime I drove my car for fear of a breakdown to total confidence and enjoyment. Not to overstate things; but they are the single reason I started driving my car again. ;)

I'm not familiar with the term 3-screw or 4-screw SU's. What does that mean, and how do I know what I have. I have 2 sets, one on my new '70 Z, and another from a '72 Z, on my parts car '73.

Also, I'd be interested to know if you guys prefer to run separate air cleaners on the carbs, or if the original cleaner housing (big orange cover) is used more often?

I'm not familiar with the term 3-screw or 4-screw SU's. What does that mean, and how do I know what I have. I have 2 sets, one on my new '70 Z, and another from a '72 Z, on my parts car '73.

Also, I'd be interested to know if you guys prefer to run separate air cleaners on the carbs, or if the original cleaner housing (big orange cover) is used more often?

The 3 or 4 screw deal is merely the number of screws holding the dome on. Your 70 carbs are more than likely 4 screw and the 72 carbs are 3 screw. At least that's what they would have been from the factory.

The factory air cleaner is a fine, very functional piece of gear. It has good air horns built in, both carbs draw from a common air cource and cooler supply air can be had through the "snorkle" from forward of the engine heat.

3- or 4-screw refers to the number of screws holding the domes in place.

Whatever air cleaner you run, you should use the air horns that the original air cleaner came with. I'm gonna fabricate a new intake, using a K & N cone filter and aluminum tubing to an aluminum air cleaner I'm making this Winter. I'm cutting the air horns out of my OEM air cleaner to incorporate into the new design. The air horns "smooth out" the flow of air into the carbs. Better air flow = more power.

Wow, my 420th post. Happy 420 everyone!

Thanks for that info. The '70 does have the 4 screw carbs and the '72 carbs are 3 screw carbs.

And, I didn't even realize it until I just went out and looked, the parts car doesn't have the air horn cover. Basically, the previous owner took the cover off, but left the backing plate on, and then the OEM air filter is there, covered by a piece of flat aluminium in the same shape as the air filter. Not sure why that is...oh well.