IGNORED

Complete Restoration in Indy.... this is going to be a long one

Gychasgy

Hello all!!! I am very excited because I am finally going somewhere with my restoration... even though it may not look like it. I have had the car for about 4 years now due to college and neglected it when it was already in rough shape. Here are the pictures of where it is now. I am planning on taking everything off/out of the car to do a ground up restoration but have already done a few things to it 4 years ago. I installed new floor pans and frame rails to give the body support a while back. I recently took the engine out and am about to get it back from the shop after a cleaning and honing of the cylinders and balancing the crank. I have redone the head as well. I am about to put the engine back together and upgraded to Weber Carbs with Canon intakes. Here are pictures I have of the body and engine stuff I have so far... please let me know any advice or if anyone wishes to give me a hand I would be eternally grateful!!! Im on the Southside of Indy. Enjoy the pics and I hope you all dont cringe to much.....

Edited by Gychasgy

Congratulations! Wow, good luck with everything. I'm stuck in the middle of my restoration with the car in limbo at the body shop. Are you planning to do the work yourself or do you have a source? I ended up taking mine to a place in Kentucky but its been there for almost a year. :( I am pretty good at disassembly but haven't had the chance to try and put things back together. Keep us up to date and maybe we can get a bunch together and help if you need it.

carl

Yeah I am planning on doing most of it myself. The body is the problem I have with the most. I have the engine in pieces just waiting for me to put it back together. I also have a completely redone interior waiting on everything else to be finished so that I can put it in. Sorry to hear about your Z being gone, I am at school in Indy and my car is at my parents so I kind of feel your pain. I will be adding more pictures here soon of my newly cleaned and honed block as well as the head that just had some major work done to it.

That body is pretty rough, but not suprising if it is a Indy car. If you decide to redo the suspension bits there is a place on the west side called Gails enameling that will give you a good price for sandblasting and powder coating the suspension stuff. I hope you have a mig and some patience for all that rust. I am getting ready to replace floor boards on a 71.

Good luck.

Yeah my buddy who is helping me with the body of the car has a mig and is pretty good with it so I think we can handle that. It is a little overwhelming with all that rust though but I am learning to become very patient. I am also going to the next Indy Z car club meeting on the 10th so that I can meet up with some more knowledgable people. Are you in this club madkaw? I just got my engine cleaned and honed at Quinlin Machine Shop on the Southside here and am looking forward to picking it up Friday! I will def have to look into Gails though thanks for the advice.