IGNORED

Thar she goes..

Rich1

The image you are about to see is true--

This is not some slight of hand--or some trick with mirrors or light--

After 10 years my 72 240Z has finally left the garage for the paint and body shop. The sunroof is coming out and being replaced with a new roof panel--thanks ARNE for the inspiration/ and proving it could be done. Thanks to GUY for his encouragement and advice.

The car will be primed and repainted 918 and returned in late November. What will I do with all that extra space in the garage until then?...

post-17418-14150807943112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rich1

What will I do with all that extra space in the garage until then?...

Perfect time to spruce up the garage ( not that I know if it needs it ). Epoxy floors, fresh painted walls with a few nicely framed Z pic/posters, fully stocked fridge...did I miss anything? Anything to make the old girl comfortable after the beauty treatment.

I gotta tell ya, your Z is one of the best looking ones I've see on the way to the paint shop.

Thanks for the compliments.

The car looks better in the photo than it does in real life. There's a good deal of rocker rust, floorboard rust (that's what was lurking beneath the beloved tar-mat) and a badly eaten hatch threshold---in other words, the usual...

Thanks Arne..

That was thread that started it for me. I thought I was doomed to live with a leaky sunroof until I came across your posts.

I forwarded the thread to my body shop. We have discussed the process already--but having extra pictures of the steps never hurts.