Fuel Tank Differences - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fuel Tank Differences

Featured Replies

Anyone got pix of the different Z fuel tanks? I have a square-ish one that I think may be out of a 280ZX and would like to confirm this.

  • Author

Good info in that thread thank you. Though it does not address my specific question. I think the fuel tank I have is from a 280ZX and would like some input on what that tank looks like, size, etc. Anything to help identify it.

Can you put up a pic of the tank in question? I will then be able to compare it to the illustrations in the microfiche which I'm unable to post here. There are 10 different part numbers shown up to the last revision I have (which is dated 12/84) for 280zx fuel tanks.

  • Author

10 different part numbers!?!? Geeeezzzz!!!

I had planned on posting a pic if no answer was received, I just had not been able to take the pic until this evening. Here it is...

post-3356-14150807915516_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Although there are 10 different part numbers for the 280zx tank, there is only one illustration depicting all of them. You would have to do some research to find out what the differences were. I managed to get a camera shot.

Edited by geezer

  • Author
looks like its from a 300zx

Hmmmm....I guess that's possible as there was a 300ZX the guy wanted to include in the sale and I turned him down as I have no use for an empty shell (engine, tranny, and entire rear end were already gone).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.