IGNORED

Question on coolant hoses (L26)

g9m3c

So, as most of you know, I am converting my L26 to Ztherapy round tops. I am bypassing the coolant passages through the intake manifolds and carbs, and have a question about that. I have taken off the coolant pipes/thermostat assembly on the back of the engine, and will run a single heater hose from the outlet assembly for the lower radiator hose straight to the heater core. Now, my question is about the intake side of the engine. There was a hose outlet assembly that screwed into the thermostat housing that had 3 hoses on it. All 3 of these hoses went to either the intake, balance pipe, or carbs. So my question is can I simply plug that outlet? If not, do I need to T a hose from there into one of the heater hoses or something for correct circulation or anything?

Thanks! :beer:

-Grant

Hmm, that's kind of it. I'm referring to the plug directly below and to the left of the bolt that is holding down your plug wire bracket there in that pic. The weird thing is mine is a lot larger diameter than that. Like, close to 1/2" NPT.

Turns out, my "close to 1/2" NPT" estimation was pretty spot-on. ;) I bought a 1/2" NPT plug at work today and it mic'ed the same as the factory fitting and worked perfectly.

Anyone wanna confirm that I'm doing the right thing here?

Did you guys use the square carb spacers from the flat tops or the long carb spacers from the 3 screw carbs?

I am in the middle of the same swap on my 260Z

I haven't gotten my carbs in yet (be here tomorrow), but I've heard the L26 spacers will work. I hope. If not, I'll be making some out of lexan tomorrow. LOL