80s Autocross Video - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

80s Autocross Video

Featured Replies

The city of Vallejo Ca. let a select group of autocrossers run 4 annual events in their downtown. I shot this video for a show called Evening Magazine based in San Francisco. There are 2 Zs in there including National Champion Andy Craig on a rare off day.(Sorry Andy). Listen to his 14 to 1 compression L28.

A trio of kick butt 510s are also in there.

Sweet videos. I love the gigantic camera mounted on the 914. We've come a long way in in-car footage.

  • Author

That's just half the camera. The deck using 3/4 inch wide video tape is inside the IMSA Porsche.

Pretty cool, that's an autocross on steroids! I'd love to try out a course like that. Heh, I forget you're in that line of work, I was expecting some home video footage, not these, nicely done!

  • Author

A friend posted the links on a 914 website and one guy commented, Autocrossing back when men were men, drinking Budweiser and wearing gym shorts LOL

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.