IGNORED

Negative offset

Diseazd

Carl, that may be true for the front, but you can go a lot wider in the rear. I am running 245/50s on a 16x8 +10 wheel in the rear. I had to roll the rear fender and trim just a smidge off the spring perch. On the front I had to run a 10 mm spacer and trim the lower valence as well as roll the fenders.

car2b.JPG

car3.JPG

Hi Bo:

I should have said "the largest set of wheels/tires that would fit on the 240Z without modification - was a 215R50x16".

Nonetheless it's good to see/hear what can be done with minor modifications and the right size/offset wheels. Many people don't want to cut the body up and add flairs...

True and I figured that is what you meant. In retrospect you could probably run 235s in the rear without modifications to the car with the right wheel.

The fronts are the limitation though.

Carl......I agree, but try to find 215-50-16......I only found one tire and I can't remember who made it, but remember it was ugly! The 205-55-16 is 24.9" tall and 8.1" wide; The 215-50-16 is 24.5" tall and 8.5" wide;The 205-50-16 is 24.1" tall and 8.1" wide, while the 225-50-16 is 24.9" tall and 8.9" wide.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

Please forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, quite a few people have mentioned that the stock 240-260z wheel had a 15mm offset but they do not mention if it was +15mm or -15mm?

Could somebody clear this up for me please.

Thanks Rob

• 3 months later...
Hi guys,

Please forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, quite a few people have mentioned that the stock 240-260z wheel had a 15mm offset but they do not mention if it was +15mm or -15mm?

Could somebody clear this up for me please.

Thanks Rob

+15mm

Like Jeff G 78, I had to trim 1mm from my rear fenders 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock on the left rear and 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock on the right. The rub points on the fenders are toward the back part of the rear fenders and it is barely touching so just a bit needs trimming.