IGNORED

Yet another OTWQ

I need to know the length of the rear-most exaust manifold stud. It must be a good deal longer than the rest because it anchors the water tube that goes behind the block and the engine lift hook as well. The set I bought a couple of years ago are all the same size. (I bought them from Reddat LOL go figure)

Thanks All,

H Houghton

08214-82810 STUD-M8x1.25 MANIFOLD (this is all other studs, than the two listed below)

08214-83510 STUD-M8x1.25 MANIFOLD Engine Slinger (this is the one your asking about)

08214-83210 STUD-M8x1.25 MANIFOLD YOKE (this is the front stud-as I recall it is the shortest)

FWIW,

Carl B.

Looking at the E88 on my car, the rear stud has both the coolant tube and the engine slinger, as noted. But I'd guess it's not more than 5mm longer than the rest, by eye. The coolant tube mount isn't very thick, and the amount of stud protruding past the nut is actually less than the amount protruding on the other studs. So I'd guess the extra length is about the thickness of the engine slinger.

Again just what I needed,thanks.

I am actually getting a little closer to completing what I originally set out to do, change the head gasket,although that got a bit out of hand as well and of course the rest of the car is completely apart. Oh well maybe I can drive it next summer.

post-4376-14150807583161_thumb.jpg

Again just what I needed,thanks.

I am actually getting a little closer to completing what I originally set out to do, change the head gasket,although that got a bit out of hand as well and of course the rest of the car is completely apart. Oh well maybe I can drive it next summer.

That happens to everyone so don't feel too bad. "While I'm at it" will be the death of all of us LOL

Your engine build looks really clean!

That happens to everyone so don't feel too bad. "While I'm at it" will be the death of all of us LOL

Your engine build looks really clean!

Instead of changing the head gasket I ended up re-building the entire head,new timing chain and gears and all, you know,while I'm here and its such a long way back to it later!

Parts are just stacked for now,still have to do the oil pan