IGNORED

engine rebuild tutorials

Hey guys,

I have my engine sitting on the floor in the garage, and I have not rebuilt an engine before so I would like a tutorial to help me with the process. I would take it to a mechanic but i want to experience it myself. I have been lookin around and haven't found a lot of tutorials on this. Does anybody have some good links to engine rebuild tutorials for the the 2.4L?

Thanks

Frankie

I think you may find a book on rebuilding the L Series Engine by Honsowitz??? Helpful. I have a copy at home but I am in my office on campus. Pretty basic motor to rebuild. Certainly less complex than a Porsche flat 6...

Arne is quicker on the post and more accurate as well... Monroe it is. Honsowitz does write some other good Nissan/Datsun books though...

Edited by conedodger

The engine rebuild process is the same, doesn't matter what induction you bolt on when you're done. The book I linked covers L-series engines through '84, including all 280Z and ZX.

Best part about that book is that even if you decide after reading it that you aren't up to the job, you'll know what to look for if/when you search for someone to do it for you.