IGNORED

Electric Power steering kit for Z car

I wonder if any of you guys ever tried this kit before? It's been sold in Japan in last 5 years or so. This electric power steering kit bolts right on. I heard that there is no cutting or welding required. Price is around $600 over there.

Esprist

post-16910-14150807351412_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150807351679_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150807351944_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I wonder if any of you guys ever tried this kit before? It's been sold in Japan in last 5 years or so. This electric power steering kit bolts right on. I heard that there is no cutting or welding required. Price is around $600 over there.

Esprist

Does anyone have the email or contact details of this company?

I read some other posts and did a search on Corsa electric power steering and found this unit at www.bba-reman.com - maybe it could be adapted

reading futher on Corsa electric steering sites, it sound like there are lots of problems with these units.

I have seen the EPS unit on the JDM site (jdm-car-parts.com) looks like they want about $700 plus shipping etc.

kind of an expensive propositon considering nobody seems to have tried one, at least I cant find anyone who has.

thinking about going back to 14" wheels to lighten my steering up

regards

post-19888-14150812791987_thumb.jpg

This sytem looks very similar to the one installed in the Pontiac G6, Chevy Cobalt. If its anything like those systems be aware that GM has had issues with these and they have a very vague feel at low speeds.

New ones I just received from Japan has special program and reply that works with speedo sensor.

This is much more advanced set up, I think.

I have one in stock at $1.850 shipping included for US main island( Very expensive!!!! **Core must be turned in)

My Nissan Cube has electric power steering. You realy cant tell a differnce in it. You can not here it work at all unlike a hydralic system. But it looks just like a rack type system mounted to the tie bars.

Edited by c240z

My Nissan Cube has electric power steering. You realy cant tell a differnce in it. You can not here it work at all unlike a hydralic system. But it looks just like a rack type system mounted to the tie bars.

I bought 1 set to see if we could make less expensive version out of it. My supplier has tried over 30 different kinds of electric power steering set up, and this is the most recent version of all.

:)

This newest set up is the most advanced and reliable of all the previous version made in Japan.

Electrically controlled steering weight associated with speed sensor and relays.

It comes with wire harness, relay, speed sensor, and shaft assembly. It bolts right up with power source of your battery.

$1,875-free shipping for US main island/$150 for international shipping.

*You need to sign product liability waiver.

*Usable core exchanged. Core charge is $150.

post-16910-14150812848042_thumb.jpg

Edited by esprist