IGNORED

Hi, Just got 70 240Z

Hi,

Thought I would say hello. My first Z was a 71 240 and I sold it only because I didn't know how to deal with the rusted floorboards. Then got a 260 (sold), then a 300ZX(sold). The 70 240Z #0907 I have now has no rust and I plan on making sure it stays that way. Going to try putting computer type fans in areas that normally rust, rust coatings and liberal wheel bearing grease smeared on in problem areas.

What a fun car to drive!

Mikes z car :love:

Hi,

I was never really sure what matching numbers means though the VIN numbers in the title and the drivers side door label and the dash label match. The original engine number was 3833 but the one in now has L24 and a blank, I remember reading that that means it is a Nissan replacement motor. I am excited to get a low VIN all I was trying to do was avoid the rust, the low VIN was a surprise.

This isn't a stock car so I don't think anyone will be too jealous of the low VIN. It had been lowered and all weight was removed, such as the horns, who needs them racing? Anyway I put horns back on and put stock springs back on, though it was fun driving when it was lowered except the air dam kept running into things. I took off the rear wing, figured it would interfere with the car cover and somewhere I read they only worked at over 120 MPH? Fastest I ever went in a Z was 107. It has a rather custom paint job with cartoon characters on it. The paint at the lower dogleg seems to want to peel off in large pieces. Also has a 260 Z hood and 280 Z inside door panels. Someone put a flow through muffler of some kind on it, the night I bought it I went by a parked cop and I really babied the throttle. My wife was following me home and later she told me there was no cop in it. heh heh. Build date from memory is Jan 1970. I tried to post a picture but it didn't come through. I'll read the FAQ again. I love driving it what fun! Thanks for the greetings.

Mike

Edited by Mikes Z car
left out comment on posting a picture

Welcome Mike! Custom paintjob with cartoon characters? Cool, we will need to see those pics!:)

Yep, checked the pics...Pebbles & BamBam. Most cars that are referred to as "Flintstone" cars on this site have bad floors. Good to see one that is solid!

Edited by geezer