IGNORED

new 240z owner not so new to cars or forums :)

While not new to cars buy any means i am new to the 240z. Picked up a fine example.

Runs a little rough but still drives pretty good.

My carbs are out of sync i can tell. REal rich smell and fumes coming from pipe. Sometimes even black.

I am coming from the rx world and a rotary guru and am excellent with other makes and models. I worked at ford for 12 years as a mechanic. Its just been so long since i have monkeyed with side draft etc etc.

I got them going pretty good lock nuts underneith 3 turns out idle set via two screws at 850. runs pretty good. Backfires threw carb if i stab it over 1/2 or 3/4

Guesiing timing is off or i am running lean up top. any help would be great.

Hi Ben:

Welcome to the group and the Classic Z Car world. Lots of helpful people here and I'm sure you will enjoy your experience with the 240-Z.

12 years with Ford... hummm... I may have to pick your brain. I have a 91 Super Coupe with 9K miles - and the Radio (Boise Sound System) and Odometer both stopped working at the same time. Really odd... but so far I haven't found anything that ties them together... Maybe an off-line discussion there...

Post some pictures of your Z when you get a chance and fill in a little more details... mileage etc. That would give us a better over-all idea of the condition of the S.U.'s and the distributor... Should we guess that the original Flat Top's have been replaced with the earlier S.U.'s??

FWIW,

Carl B.