The restoration has begun - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

The restoration has begun

Featured Replies

  • Author

Latest photos...

post-7301-14150808124592_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808125241_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808125854_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808126442_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808127015_thumb.jpg

Nice Job but you have to slow down, you are making the rest of us (ok just me) look bad.

Keep up the great work, Cheers Richard.

Latest photos...

Those look great! Love that color. Where have I seen that before? :)

  • Author

Latest photos...

post-7301-14150808156438_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808157116_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808157698_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808158291_thumb.jpg

post-7301-1415080815887_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808159503_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808160112_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808160684_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Latest photos...

post-7301-14150808326595_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808327263_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808327926_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808328495_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808329076_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808329653_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808330229_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808330801_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808331383_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808331962_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

And more...

post-7301-14150808332565_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808333153_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808333744_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808334324_thumb.jpg

Edited by zed2

Love the Pics!...Keep posting them. Nice to see the progress.

Rich

The car looks killer! I'm just starting a 72 myslef that I bought in 1990. An original paint (silver) car that ran great when I parked it 10 years ago! Thanks for the inspirtation!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Latest photos...

post-7301-14150808552862_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150808553622_thumb.jpg

post-7301-1415080855419_thumb.jpg

Your car is looking great. Did you happen to check the date code on your Bridgestone RD-150 spare when you were there? From everything I have read, the early 1970 cars only came with Bridgestone Superspeed Radial-20's, so I am curious what the date code is on the wheel is to see if it is original to the car or not.

-Mike

  • Author

Mike,

I did not check the tire. I was so distracted with discussing the project with the shop owner that I did not have time to look at the tire. (Most of the interior was pulled out and is stored in an adjacent building. This helps to ensure that any dust and other airborne particles do not contaminate the "delicate" parts.)

I do have several more RD-150s and Z-1 tires at my home. These were spare tires I acquired over the past 22 years. Unfortunately, I did not keep track of the cars they were removed from, so I cannot ascertain what model year car they were in. One or two (possibly three) are on the 4.5" width wheel, so I think it is safe to say they were from a 1970 model year car. Others are unmounted. Sometimes I asked the prior owners to dismount the wheel and just ship me the tire. (I was trying to minimize the shipping costs.)

Keith

Mike,

I did not check the tire. I was so distracted with discussing the project with the shop owner that I did not have time to look at the tire. (Most of the interior was pulled out and is stored in an adjacent building. This helps to ensure that any dust and other airborne particles do not contaminate the "delicate" parts.)

I do have several more RD-150s and Z-1 tires at my home. These were spare tires I acquired over the past 22 years. Unfortunately, I did not keep track of the cars they were removed from, so I cannot ascertain what model year car they were in. One or two (possibly three) are on the 4.5" width wheel, so I think it is safe to say they were from a 1970 model year car. Others are unmounted. Sometimes I asked the prior owners to dismount the wheel and just ship me the tire. (I was trying to minimize the shipping costs.)

Keith

Keith,

The 4.5" width wheels were used on all US 240Zs until the introduction of the 1972 model year cars in 10/71. Carl noted in an earlier thread (http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=164453&postcount=14) that his data from original owners showed that the RD-150s began showing up in about 8/70, so if you have one that is from a very early 1970 (I think you said yours is a 1/70) it would be interesting to confirm that, since it is so much early than what has previously been reported.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.