IGNORED

Operation 240k

KID-K

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buddy anymore updates on this car? Just came across it now. I would love to get stuck into a K one day. Have always liked them and felt kinda sorry for them rotting away unloved in many junkyard in Australia.

I'm currently in Los Angeles on holidays, returning on the 10th of july, the coupe hopefuly will be out of paint when i get back..Tinter Black...will post pics as soon as i get back..

• 2 weeks later...

hey Kid-K

did you actually make them flares? Any chance you could make another set of 4 and sell them to me? That would be awesomeness!

i have a set of WORK EQUIPS waiting to get on my K, just sussin around for flares/overfenders at this stage...

Ur ride is nuts!! absolutely luv it mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lenny, sorry about the delay in replying. The flares were copied from the original gtr flares, only made shorter ( distance from the ground). The flares were made by a local panel maker, the number was given to me by the local hotrod guys, I'm happy to pass the number on if you wish..The only problem is that they cost me $1650.00 and you need a set of fibreglass ones to copy (which i have). If you are interested please let me know...he has also fabricated rear beaver, lower quarters (front and back), lower doors, lower guards, wiper tray, and inner and outer window gutters for me. Thanks for your kind words on my build...will post photos of the R33 aluminum radiator and intercooler install soon

Making replacement panel parts aren't to much of a problem...We have templates for some parts, front guards, 2 door lowers and four door lowers, the rear quarter on the coupe are an issue as my replacements parts didn't include the wheel arch, as you can see from the photos there's a fair bit missing because of the flares...as a general rule you cut out the rusted section as good as possible and he will make a replacement with welding rids in place so it doesn't buckle when you weld it in place...by the way his in Melbourne...

Making replacement panel parts aren't to much of a problem...We have templates for some parts, front guards, 2 door lowers and four door lowers, the rear quarter on the coupe are an issue as my replacements parts didn't include the wheel arch, as you can see from the photos there's a fair bit missing because of the flares...as a general rule you cut out the rusted section as good as possible and he will make a replacement with welding rids in place so it doesn't buckle when you weld it in place...by the way his in Melbourne...

im in Melbourne too, maybe i will need to pay him a visit? i only really need the front 1/4's and the window cowling,