IGNORED

rear guards for a coupe wanted

matt240K

Hi guys.

I did something really silly to my K, and now I need to fix it. does anyone have 2 rear guards for a coupe? doesn't matter if they're rusty. preferably in SE Qld, but I'll freight them if I need to.

A whole car or shell would be OK too. (actually preferable, because I need the bar with the shock mounts and the rear diff mounts as well.

any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Matt.

Took a jump at about 140kmh. when we landed, it just turned right. bounced off an embankment, then slid sideways into the poles of a cattle grid.

Still don't know if something broke, but whatever happened, it happened fast. best ride in the park for about 100 metres. And quite a lot of damage as you might imagine.

From this perfect 3 point landing...

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_311.jpg

To this...

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_324.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

Musta been that cheap, nasty suspension you were running, hey MAtt;)

well, its cheap, NOW. :tapemouth

DING!!! :bulb: I've just worked out that 440K is Warps. Who knew? (I don't get out much)

here's where we went in:

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_314.jpg

there's where we came back out....

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_315.jpg

here's the cattle grid I tried to get it through.....

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_318.jpg

failed....:(see where the pole ended up....

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_320.jpg

and here's where we ended up.

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_322.jpg

perhaps if I pick up enough pieces I can build a K from it. (that used to be a rear disc.

Rally_Qld_Sat_09_317.jpg

So if anyone has some rear quarters, i promise to look after them better than this. :stupid:

Edited by matt240K

Hey Matt, try looking up ebay item 200335857627. Sounds interesting. I wonder if they could help?

what a nice find! thanks for that. I've emailed him. I'll let you know how I get on.

well, its cheap, NOW. :tapemouth
Really? Are the MCA bits salvageable?
DING!!! :bulb: I've just worked out that 440K is Warps. Who knew? (I don't get out much)
Yes, one and the same. In a former life I owned a 240k "project car". It had a P76 4.4 V8 in it, and sat in my shed for about 2 years before I saw the light and sold it. Last I heard the new owner was fitting an LS1 and going drag racing

Really? Are the MCA bits salvageable?

Yes, one and the same. In a former life I owned a 240k "project car". It had a P76 4.4 V8 in it, and sat in my shed for about 2 years before I saw the light and sold it. Last I heard the new owner was fitting an LS1 and going drag racing

yes. need new shafts though.

I knew I liked the cut of Warps' Jyb. Its because you're of good stock. :cool:LOL