IGNORED

Where do you keep your Owners Manual?

TomoHawk

I am thinking there must be confusion between the FSM and the Owners manual. I could put a dozen Owners manuals in my glovebox, but I only keep one in there. My FSM is printed from a disc to 8.5 x 11s and fitted to plastic sleeves in a binder for the shed and an original copy is on my computer desk. The disc travels with me in my suitcase in case I need a mental fix.

I think I missed something about the FI - I have a car with FI and another with carbs - the FI is virtually trouble free in comparison.

I am thinking there must be confusion between the FSM and the Owners manual. I could put a dozen Owners manuals in my glovebox, but I only keep one in there. My FSM is printed from a disc to 8.5 x 11s and fitted to plastic sleeves in a binder for the shed and an original copy is on my computer desk. The disc travels with me in my suitcase in case I need a mental fix.

I think I missed something about the FI - I have a car with FI and another with carbs - the FI is virtually trouble free in comparison.

That's a lot of friggin plastic sleeves and a serious case of OCD! LOL

I had one, but loaned it To the DVD project. For some reason, it would not fit flat in the glovebox; one side is shallow and the other is deep. I had to curl it up to fit it in the glovebox.

Edited by TomoHawk

I'm still trying to understand the crux of this thread. If it's simply a question of 'Where do you keep your Owners Manual?' which appears to be the question looking at the name of the thread, then the answer is: in the glovebox. That's the hands-on copy that I actually use. I do have a perfect one that is in my desk drawer with along with any Datsun literature that I desire to keep in that type of condition. If the question is 'Does it fit in the glove box', then the answer is: yes.

78 glovebox, 78 owners manual, end of story (one would hope).

2939jpl.jpg

I keep mine in the same place yours is Stephen, Closest to the right hand side in the glove box. Fits like a glove :laugh: I too have the Gorilla wheel lock nuts too on my Z ;) My sticker is under the hood though :)

Sorry in advance for being a smart a$$ but where does everyone keep there socket wrenches???? ROFLROFL

• 4 weeks later...

I cfut out a card the same size as my owner's manual, and guess what? It doesn't fit in the glovebox! It actually sticks out some from the front edge.

But... you can still close the door, if you don't mind a little bending of the booklet. I might put in a foam wedge to put it on the correct incline to fit the booklet without the bending. The other option would be to cut the booklet to fit.

thxZ