IGNORED

I Figured that I should introduce myself now that I have registered and all.

Hello everyone my name is Nathanael or Nate for short, I'm from the Los Angeles area of California USA :cool: and I finally regestered here at CZCC after about a year looking at some of the restoration projects here. I semi-recently decided to try and do something with the 240Z that was given to my dad about 5 years ago. Back then I thought that the car was a useless piece of junk but after some growing up I changed my mind. And now to make things even better, I find that the car that I have is HLS30-00252 with a date of manufacture of 12/69!!! :D At first I felt pretty good about the whole situation but now that I look at it I feel as though the Body may be lost due to rust. :disappoin In the near future I intend to post some pictures of the car so that I can get the CZCC's various opinions as to what I can and/or should do with it, I look forward to your future replies.

Thanks in advance-

Nate

Welcome to the club! You have to post some pictures. Rust is a big problem with these cars. A lot of rust can be dealt with but it depends on how much money you can spend. This is a great source of information and advice. Best of luck.

Welcome, Nate!

Patience will be your friend with this project!

You will find this community quite helpful and very informative. Keep us up to date with what you find.

Nice low SN, and remember, almost anything can be fixed if you are determined to do so.

Please post some pictures.

I'd say welcome to the site but it sounds like you've been lurking already for some time now. I'm glad you finally decided to post. :)

As some have said, jsut about anything is repairable if the desire is strong enough. The decision to move forward with a rust bucket is not an easy one. Before you start dumping money in other areas of the car, you should do a thorough assessment of the condition of the body and determine whether you have the skills and determination to do the necessary repairs yourself, or if you can offord to pay someone else to do it.

Secretly, I wish my car had some rust or body damage so I'd have an excuse to buy a mig welder and learn how to do sheet metal and body repair. I guess I'll just have to find somehting else to weld on........honey, where'd the kids hide their bikes? LOL

Hi Nate, welcome to the club! I am a new member as well, in Pomona! It's never too late to get started on any project, specially on a "Z"! It only took me nearly a year to get started on mine, which I got as a gift. Keep in mind that regardless of how much bidy work your car may need, we are lucky to have more than a few resources to find parts for out cars. Good luck and welcome once again! I will be posting some pics in the near future as well...!

Welcome to the club Nate.

You are hearing the common theme of yes it is recoverable no matter what the damage.

It is a difficult decision to make. Take your time, be realisitic as you can. I suggest that you ask for some help in assessing the state of your shell now before you start making decisions. I'm sure that there is someone in this club local to you who could be asked to have a look through it for you. Although you can read as much as you like, it's my opinion that only after pulling a S30 completely to bits, do you gain enough knowledge on what to really look for.

Above all, look the car as a whole in conjunction with what you want to end up with. A nice daily driver, a weekend fun car, a pride and joy that was many rebuilt parts, a period correct rebuild. There are many other catagories that you could think of too.

A word of warning. As it is a low VIN and could be missing parts, you may find it very difficult or cost preventative to replace them. Have a look and work out what you do and don't have.

All the best and try to post up some pics soon for us to oggle at.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Nate,

We are a bit the same. i just bought two 240Z's sitting in a field, in the middle of nowhere canada for $400. One of them has the VIN HLS30-00132. Major Rust. I am moving them to my shop this weekend and starting the investigation process to see what is there.