IGNORED

Winter storage

guy_geo

Hybernation? Winter Storage? What the hell does that mean? Doesn't it stay nice all year round like here in Texas? Oops, sorry. What was I thinking? ROFL

Make sure you also change the oil before putting it up in storage. There are acids and such left in old oil that can attack the engine and it's internals. Ask anybody storing motorcycles and they'll tell you the same thing. And since you'll be in a heated warehouse, I'd leave the battery in the car, but connect it to a Battery Tender. That way you won't have to worry about where to store the battery. And you'll know it has a charge at all times.

• 4 weeks later...

Drive that sucker.. Heck If I couldn't drive my car I would sell it for something that I could use... This is my daily driver, and fun car. I like to have fun all of the time.. Heck driving in the snow and ice is half the fun.. I can't believe it ..... @%#$$$@ sissy car owners.

No offence intended, but Geeezzz!!!

My Z is my daily driver and i live in north central Kansas. I will store if for some of this winter, but only because i have to go to Bosnia for 6 months. But when i get back, and its winter, me and my Z will be out there dealing with the issues of weather and salt. I like the tips on storage though, and i'll use them:)

Zcarsrock!

HI guy!! The full fuel with additive is a yes. Jack up the car as it stops flat spots on the tires.Remove the battery is good also.I would add some marvel mystery oil to the carbs.I do this by add it thru the overflow tube on the bowl top.This just stops the needle and seat/float from hanging up.You won't add much at all.The crank and run is a bad idea.The story goes that each time you crank the car the oil develops sand like carbon molecules.When driven at normal highway temp for an hour or so they disolve.If you crank and just let it run you do more bad than good as they just multiply cause they never disolve.Not to mention the moisture that destroys your exhaust.Grannys car always smoked and needed an exhaust.She only drove to church on sunday right??? NOw we know why. Have fun!! Daniel