IGNORED

got the Z

drag0n

ZX was the US designation, I believe. I think that the S130s were called Fairlady 280Zs in Japan. Can't swear to that, though.

yes, that is right (from what i know) it is a fairlady 280 z, j-spec rhd. it does have a 280zx on the back plate between the tail lights but that might have been put there by a previous owner, i dont know for sure... but it says fairlady z all over it and EVERYTHING is in japanese, emissions sticker, vacuum hood sticker, firewall plate, fuse plate, its such a beautiful sight! ;)

it is soooo hard finding parts for it though because the 280zx parts arent the same it seems. the alternator for example, ended up matching to a different vehicle with a different engine from the same year. the cap and rotor matched up but who knows what else ill run into

It should have a badge on the back with Nissan Fairlady280Z. It is what we all call a ZX.

There are plenty of ZX's in New Zealand as the government of the day deregulated the car industry which allowed cheap JDM imports into NZ. So we have a mix of NZ new and JDM here, not sure how many differences there are but I bet there are a heap.

If you need any bits, you could try Dave at Zparts Auto Ltd in Auckland. His email is z-mann@ihug.co.nz. He has new and used parts for all zeds. http://www.angelfire.com/nf/zcars/

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long, but here are the pictures:

http://wtfwasthat.net/gallery2/v/fairlady/

its really hard to find parts for this because i havent found a (s or h)130 in ANY autoparts system, and the car they have as a 280zx is just plain wrong for matching parts most of the time. You pull and pay on seymour ave in cincinnati has a 79 datsun h130 that i can pull parts off of (and have). but other than that its kinda hit or miss as to if a part will be right from the 280zx because the alternator was wrong but i think the rotor, cap and wires were actually right.

it wasnt the coil by the way, the pickup in the distributor was hitting and broke, replaced the distributor and it ran, took it out and it wouldnt start back up friday night, starter is most likely suspect, wouldnt run on a jump.... this thing has been sitting for like 4 years i kinda expected a bit of problems