IGNORED

My new 240k Hardtop

Laggy6

Thats very clean from the photos. Congrats on the find!!!

On the radio. I have done this on a few car's now that had the stock radio in the dash. Rather then cutting up a clean dash I just leave the stock deck and dash alone. Then buy a radio box for a Suzuki Samurai. You can order one from this site for under $30.00.

www.petroworks.com/interior.php . Its a plastic box thats made for a single din head unit. You can take this box and install your aftermarket deck where you please without hacking up your vintage dash. Plus leave that good old school radio in place for show.

I left the old 8track player in place on my 73 Corvette and used this box for mounting my new deck just outa view in the drivers foot well under the dash. It works like a charm and looks very clean.

Radio_Box.jpg

Edited by carguyinok
Photo add

It has a factory tape player as well so maybe i could get one of those converters that go into it and use a portable radio/cd player. Otherwise there have been a few good options posted above.

Edited by Laggy6

• 1 month later...

I had the same rims on my old '77 coupe. They're C210 mags from '78 onwards. From memory they are 5.5 inches wide 14's.

PS: What is that hanging down at the front near the number plate on the drivers side? I cannot make it out.

Edited by 240K&Beyond
Addition

The thing hanging down at the front is a small scoop that feeds air into a engine oil cooler core. By the rust bubbles and rust stains around the screws, brackets and over spray on it i'd say it's been on there for a long time (oil lines and adapter plate are old and crusty aswell), maybe 20 years+ which is a bit weird. The previous elderly owner had old 1980's motorbike and performance stickers on the rear bumper so maybe he was a bit of a hoon in his day and put it on.

Edited by Laggy6

Yeah it has a spare mag. The tyre looks like it may be the original one?

Cool. Could be the original brand of tyre but surely would be perished after 30+ years if it was the original tyre.

Weird the guy added the oil cooler as I can't remember ever having oil cooling problems with either of the 240's I owned. But then again maybe the Sth Oz heat gets to be too much.

I had the same rims on my old '77 coupe. They're C210 mags from '78 onwards. From memory they are 5.5 inches wide 14's.

The C110s had the same mags as the c210s, from late '76 at least. I had a July '76 coupe I bought from a lady (had done only 16,000kms in 1989), which had mags which she'd purchased with the car when new - she was allergic to air con so she got the mags instead. The spare on that did have the original tyre and it was slightly perished, and had never been used (no pitting or dirt on the mag, it looked like chrome). The boot looked like it had never had anything in it.

Your coupe's probably the best looking one I've ever seen though I think. I loved mine (sold it in 97 or so after head overtook heart), I still can't get over the fact they've become desirable, most people used to think nothing of them or even knew they existed.