IGNORED

Check out my Jag IRS

OK, before everyone get's uptight thinking I am going with this let me say NO I am not putting this in my 72 Z. I had always thought I would like a Jag IRS for my 73 240Z when I did the V-8 swap. So awhile back I picked up a 85 Jag XJ6 on E-bay for near nothing. Well I just got around to pulling it today. OMG I LOVE IT!!!!! It's just way to cool for me ta hide under a car. So I am going to use it in an open wheel 37 chevy pickup that I have been saving parts up for. Anyway, I did want to show it off alittle and let you all see just what its about. I do think it would be a real easy swap into a Z if you wanted.

Jagirs002.jpg

Jagirs004.jpg

Jagirs010.jpg

Jagirs008.jpg

Jagirs012.jpg

Edited by carguyinok

Thank you for that link. No I hadnt seen that one before. I was thinking about just doing a wide body kit vs. cutting the rear end down. But now it's no longer for the 240Z so that dosnt matter any more.

Now the plan is just pulling it apart and powder coating everything. Then new bushings, ujoints, bearings and brakes. After that it's going into my 37 chevy pickup street rod. Unless I come up with a T bucket body that is.

I dont mind the inboard brake set-up. For that matter its one of the things I love about it. If you look close you will see that the brake cal. have a piston on bolth sides of the rotor. Sure it looks like a pain in the butt. But I plan on making it so I can drop the whole rearend out rather fast. Just for ease of service. With only 6 mounting points why not.

Edited by carguyinok