Front Grill info needed - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front Grill info needed

Featured Replies

I am in need of a front grill for my 1970 240, will the grill's off of a 72 or 73 fit? I did a search but nothing came up. I have no idea if they are any different on the early cars. Is there an aftermarket one?

Thanks for any info, or if someone has a nice example and wants to sell it let me know.

Thanks,

Randy

The '70-72 are all the same. The '73 is a bit different in mounting points, I believe.

The '70-72 are all the same. The '73 is a bit different in mounting points, I believe.

I think Arne is correct, just the 73 is different.

-Mike

I believe I have one of each. Let me know which one will fit. The pic on the left is from a 71-72. It is identical to the grille in my 71. (mounting tabs face inward) On the right is the 73. (mounting tabs face outward)

post-1730-14150806290451_thumb.jpg

post-1730-14150806291009_thumb.jpg

Sorry for jacking this thread, what color did the grill come in, mine is painted in body color, should it be black or grey as the tail light sorround.

Chris

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Sorry for jacking this thread, what color did the grill come in, mine is painted in body color, should it be black or grey as the tail light sorround.

Chris

It should be grey, like the rear taillight surround. The paint that Les at classicdatsun sells is a good match.

-Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.